Turbo's Tales

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks guys. We lay her to rest this sunday. As of this week I am back in the gym. I have a shitty head cold at the moment but am still able to ride. This winter/off season should be great. I’ll be working with John Arias again. I decided to take a “break” from booze again. This can only be good for rest, my mind, growth etc and absolutely horrible holiday festivities at my inlaws but this is what needs to be done if I don’t want to linger, not knowing how far I can push it. I had a great and healthy season but I feel my best is yet to come. Let’s get out and ride!

December was a long month for me. Ultimately I feel like I made some big strength improvements in the gym and training was going well. January started the same with my weight being ok and training on track despite a stomach bug. Then last saturday happened... annual supercross party at my buddy’s house with some pregame indoor gocarting. I left with a dislocated rin in my middle/upper back. What a bitch! I am still able to do trainer workouts and some leg stuff but what a pain day to day mobility has become. Thibgs are in place and on the mend but this next month or so will not be fun...the show must go on.

December was a long month for me. Ultimately I feel like I made some big strength improvements in the gym and training was going well. January started the same with my weight being ok and training on track despite a stomach bug. Then last saturday happened... annual supercross party at my buddy’s house with some pregame indoor gocarting. I left with a dislocated rin in my middle/upper back. What a bitch! I am still able to do trainer workouts and some leg stuff but what a pain day to day mobility has become. Thibgs are in place and on the mend but this next month or so will not be fun...the show must go on.

Go to a chiropractor. They can pop a dislocated rib in easily. I've done that a bunch of times and it feels better right away after I get it popped back in.

Go to a chiropractor. They can pop a dislocated rib in easily. I've done that a bunch of times and it feels better right away after I get it popped back in.
I did that. It’s back in. But the muscle is torn I imagine as I still have that knife in back feeling at times.

Ah, here we are again. It's been 3 weeks and I am feeling about 90%. I've been able to do all of my gym and home workouts. Mostly Z2 riding with a couple Zwift sessions, interval sessions and one allaire ride added. Physically I feel strong but tired if that makes sense(working too much).I am detailed when following my program. Last sunday I strayed a bit away by doing a 3 hour tempo ride instead of my 2 hour z2 with efforts. I paid for it all week with tired legs and an exhausted body.
Today is another day. I took the day off work and slept in. Hanging with the family for a bit before @Riggedfmx and I go out for a road ride. Nothing crazy, maybe some short efforts here and there. After that I have a side job to finish at the house (bikes cost dollahs). Tomorrow is my free swim day. Not sure if I will stay local or head up to Ringwood.
Overall I am just happy that I gave up drinking for a while and the rib is feeling pretty good. The only bad thing is it sucks when I sleep in because I am getting old and I feel like I am going to break when I get out of bed. Until next time.

So, what’s up dudes? I decided to join a new team. Thanks to @xc62701 I am now a member of Team Hilltop Bikes. I want to say thanks a bazillion to Trek Store of Middletown, especially Scott and Jeff for all they have done. Unfortunately there was never really interest from the owners in a team. I want to hang with friends and have support, a good time and beer at the races. I thought long and hard about it and I have always gelled well with the guys, even @jimvreeland. Here’s to the good times to come! Oh, and I have spent a lot of hours riding in my garage this winter.

Wow, it’s been a while. Still training like mad, being a busy dad and husband and going crazy with work. Bad news...Mayhem was cancelled, good news...Stoopid 50 is happening next week. Hopefully @xc62701 can make it too but @Rigidnsingle and @Riggedfmx should be heading down too.
On a side note, Team HB is one rad crew. Very good vibe, very energetic and big plans. This is a reason I chose HB. The shop socials to shop open houses are awesome. The whole crew really just enjoys bikes. So now that I am into the first chapter of the new book hopefully I’ll be able to update this blog a bit more.

Wow, it’s been a while. Still training like mad, being a busy dad and husband and going crazy with work. Bad news...Mayhem was cancelled, good news...Stoopid 50 is happening next week. Hopefully @xc62701 can make it too but @Rigidnsingle and @Riggedfmx should be heading down too.
On a side note, Team HB is one rad crew. Very good vibe, very energetic and big plans. This is a reason I chose HB. The shop socials to shop open houses are awesome. The whole crew really just enjoys bikes. So now that I am into the first chapter of the new book hopefully I’ll be able to update this blog a bit more.

It's great to have you aboard and yes we like bikes :) Stoopid 50 was an amazing event when it was in State College, now even better in Stokesville. That place is just amazing. It'll be like a mini and almost harder version of the SM100 if that's possible. It's almost the same amount of climbing in half the mileage. I hope my legs are ready for this. I'm 75% in. I have to work out a few more things but this would be sweet!

Great to have you onboard @David Taylor
It's gonna be an awesome season...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom