What's the oldest bike component you regularly use?

RSAmerica

83E5FF80-452F-4C60-AC70-E320463D6584.jpeg

Answer gloves circa 1990.

extremedave

Team MTBNJ Halter's
From the 90's, and while they are third string I do still wear them on the road.

Otherwise my rear Arch 29 has been on 3 or 4 different bikes since 2012 and still works quite nice.
IMG_6200.JPG

Chris(NJ)

My entire road bike build is from 2011-12. Zero problems and I still love that bike.
SS parts are from 2012-2013, except the pedals that I finally had to replace this year.

gtluke

The Moped
Not sure if road bike stuff should count.
My road bike is kinda old too. From when 10 speed was hot shit. Er, not a 10 speed bike but 2x10
Road bikes just never break. I'm not sure I ever did any maintenance to mine. I changed a tire once. haha.

Dingo

Not sure if road bike stuff should count.
My road bike is kinda old too. From when 10 speed was hot shit. Er, not a 10 speed bike but 2x10
Road bikes just never break. I'm not sure I ever did any maintenance to mine. I changed a tire once. haha.
I have a Raleigh super course, bought brand new in 1974, and it's still rideable. Paid $169.00 was a lot of grass cutting back then.

Victor I

aka Ridgehog
1993 Research Dynamics 26er. Ride it mostly on local paved and cross country trails once a week. Also use it for snow and slush. Tried riding it on Tigers Blood last winter while my 29er was in the shop. Was a strong reminder of how much better the new bike are for tech. Original except for the seat and peddles. Probably should replace the tubes and tires at some point. Never had a flat though...
IMG_1700.JPG

wonderturtle

First

Where do I start?

seriously!! LOL

I have a 1987 Univega road bike. obviously frame is original as is fork, quill stem, brakes, derailler, seat post. currently using as my indoor trainer but goes on the very occasional road ride. currently looking to do some upgrades to make more comfortable so that I'll ride it more.

also have a 2006 Redline Moncog - original at this point: frame, stem, cranks. ride this all the time. love this bike.

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
small-jpg.47665

1997 GF HooKooEKoo. Most parts are original and nothing on the bike is newer than early 2000s except the recent SS conversion bits and new rubber. This is my go-to Lewis Morris machine. Has a 1st or 2nd gen yellow Marz Bomber fork on it now!

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I used to have an old Ford that was 3 on the tree and I had it converted to 3 on the floor because it confused the shit out of people my age that had to drive me home from the bar. College was weird.
My first ride was '69 Broncos with 3 on the tree then a 4 on a pole 68 AMX on the console. 28 points later it was back to 3 on the tree. Lost privilege for only a month.

Top Bottom