Hartshorne/Huber Conditions

Daniel Diament

Thank you very much. I called park rangers to go check it out for me. Hopefully they call back with good news..Sucks after a 1 hour drive to find that out
I’m at the lot currently, where did you leave them? I saw the ranger leaving the lot just as I was hopping off grand tour

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
The trails held up well today after over night shower, we got .12" rain.
They are calling for steady rains coming in tonight and tomorrow, which doesn't look good.

Reactions: Tim

johnnyrides

Today I hiked the 8 Miles i normally bike and it seemed fairly good. Slick and muddy in 5 or 6 spots but decent elsewhere. I’d give it a 6 out of 10 overall for riding. Probably better than most other places. Only saw 5 or 6 riders during my 2 hour hike. Hope this helps a bit. Too late probably.

wonderturtle

Rode most of huber today and a little of hartshorne. Agree Trails were basically fine. Perhaps stay off tomorrow with rain tonight but should be fine Monday

Tim

aka sptimmy43
Went to Hartshorne with the intention of riding today but based on the condition of the fire road/Cuestra Ridge trail I decided otherwise. Even though Cuestra Ridge is basically a road and usually quite gravely/sandy it was pretty slick and muddy. I saw some other bikes emerging from the singletrack quite muddy. Hopefully the remaining snow will melt and drain off today and things will be good tomorrow.

johnnyrides

Went to Hartshorne with the intention of riding today but based on the condition of the fire road/Cuestra Ridge trail I decided otherwise. Even though Cuestra Ridge is basically a road and usually quite gravely/sandy it was pretty slick and muddy. I saw some other bikes emerging from the singletrack quite muddy. Hopefully the remaining snow will melt and drain off today and things will be good tomorrow.

I wouldn’t bet on it. Not good drying conditions today......and it wasn’t even very nice before the Saturday night precip. I’d give a few dry days.

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
I did a road ride and climbed “climb to paved path”and made it up on 25mm road tires. I’d imagine after last night’s rain it may now need a couple days to sry out.

SmooveP

Just got a firsthand report from a trusted source. Still some areas with significant mud (Claypit connector, Rocky Point, etc.)

Tim

aka sptimmy43
Just got a firsthand report from a trusted source. Still some areas with significant mud (Claypit connector, Rocky Point, etc.)

I hit up Hartshorne after work today. I skipped the Rocky Point trail so thanks for the heads up on that. Laurel Ridge and Grand Tour are very rideable. There are a few soft spots but to be honest I think it is mostly accumulated leaf litter that has been ground up by tires and feet just holding the water. I am not sure how much the trail surface underneath has been affected. The sandy sections are straight up dry.

SmooveP

I hit up Hartshorne after work today. I skipped the Rocky Point trail so thanks for the heads up on that. Laurel Ridge and Grand Tour are very rideable. There are a few soft spots but to be honest I think it is mostly accumulated leaf litter that has been ground up by tires and feet just holding the water. I am not sure how much the trail surface underneath has been affected. The sandy sections are straight up dry.
I was there from around 3-4:30. Maybe I saw you there?

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions