The 2018 Winter Olympics Thread

ok, maybe throwing equipment is bad - but being happy with a performance below your expected level is just a result of not being able to be critical of anything.
except not being PC.
They didn't become the best competitors in the WORLD by not being critical of there abilities/performance. They are pissed when they don't do well, they are not robots, but they let it go and move on, they don't need that kind of negative energy in the tournament.

They didn't become the best competitors in the WORLD by not being critical of there abilities/performance. They are pissed when they don't do well, they are not robots, but they let it go and move on, they don't need that kind of negative energy in the tournament.

sounds like sport psychology, and a result of how they got there - parents and coaches telling them they are just doing their best.
cause their whole life has been surrounded by people who want to be in their posse (or whatever it is now)

i'm sure they have been coached on what to do when a camera is stuck in their face - but when it isn't...

i see disappointment in other country's athletes when they finish a run. ripping gloves off, walking away in defiance.
americans shrug their shoulders, smile, and just did the best they could. do they go in the locker and break the mirrors off camera
(probably not, because nothing is off camera anymore)

they are the best athletes in america.
the medal count shows they are not the best competitors in the world.
is it cracking under pressure? cause we don't want precious to feel any pressure.

i really hate the immediate interview too - and that may be part of it. shifting from competitor to
media person trying to monetize their personality. remember tyson after a fight, the immediate interview was
about eating the other guy's children, or ripping a head off, and spitting down his neck - then
an hour later in the post fight press conference, he talked about having a plan, and anticipating his competitions
first move... There was no way for him to go from intense competitor to on-camera guy in a couple minutes.
(time and ritalin helped)

at least SW had to pull the back-to-back 14s to win - the competition forced him to do that. he rose to the occasion.
he was only an emotional favorite.

as did CK - difference: she was the favorite going in..

Ok fair point. I would pay good money to have Lindsey Vonn say she wanted to eat the other people's children.

I think in some of those other countries, losing is a death penalty.

I can do this all day...

Well this goes both ways. When we were kids if you lost and complained they called you a sore loser. Now that they’re not sore losers they are soft.

Honestly I think they’re just trying to make the best of a lousy performance. They know deep down they dropped the ball. But they also know the a single wrong word will get them put on a meme with Hitler.

So it’s kind of an unwinnable situation.

I noticed that man of the men's snowboarders were not so great at staying happy. Most of them were visibly disappointed in their scores and just walked away. That being said, I highly doubt much prepping is done for them to keep a smile for a bad score as compared to something like Figure Skating where they fell 4 times and you would have thought it was the performance of their life.

This is fantastic ... this isn’t even a joke: this woman really competed in the Olympics. She’s an American skiing for Hungary. Seriously, the president of Hungary (or PM or whatever) should consider this performance an act of war ...

This is fantastic ... this isn’t even a joke: this woman really competed in the Olympics. She’s an American skiing for Hungary. Seriously, the president of Hungary (or PM or whatever) should consider this performance an act of war ...
Lol wut.

sounds like sport psychology, and a result of how they got there - parents and coaches telling them they are just doing their best.
cause their whole life has been surrounded by people who want to be in their posse (or whatever it is now)

i'm sure they have been coached on what to do when a camera is stuck in their face - but when it isn't...

i see disappointment in other country's athletes when they finish a run. ripping gloves off, walking away in defiance.
americans shrug their shoulders, smile, and just did the best they could. do they go in the locker and break the mirrors off camera
(probably not, because nothing is off camera anymore)

they are the best athletes in america.
the medal count shows they are not the best competitors in the world.
is it cracking under pressure? cause we don't want precious to feel any pressure.

i really hate the immediate interview too - and that may be part of it. shifting from competitor to
media person trying to monetize their personality. remember tyson after a fight, the immediate interview was
about eating the other guy's children, or ripping a head off, and spitting down his neck - then
an hour later in the post fight press conference, he talked about having a plan, and anticipating his competitions
first move... There was no way for him to go from intense competitor to on-camera guy in a couple minutes.
(time and ritalin helped)

at least SW had to pull the back-to-back 14s to win - the competition forced him to do that. he rose to the occasion.
he was only an emotional favorite.

as did CK - difference: she was the favorite going in..

This should make you feel better? :thumbsup:

see disappointment in other country's athletes when they finish a run. ripping gloves off, walking away in defiance.
americans shrug their shoulders, smile, and just did the best they could.

Yes, I'm sure American competitors have a lot more on the line as far as endorsements. When the camera is on its in their best interest to act like a winner.

Also the immediate interview is ridiculous. I love when they put a camera on Lyndsey Vonn right after her run and ask her about her dead grandfather. The media really does their best to make people break down on camera. This is why the media sucks.

anybody wanna be my partner for doubles luge?
doubles-luge.jpg

136967482_15183492539061n.jpg

My birthday is March 3. If someone is looking for a gift idea this hat would be awesome. Ralph Lauren sold out of them but they are selling on EBay for $300. Im size small/med.
Merica.
closing_ceremony_hat.jpg

Last edited:

Wow. That is absolutely hilarious.

Back
Top Bottom