BMX to MTB

RoyalOne

Hey. I'm Bob. After 27 years of riding BMX its time to finally switch over to the MTB world. I'm looking for a place to find a descent used bike. Anyone know of any mtb classifieds for the nj pa and de area. I'm tired of searching craigslist. Thanks

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Hi Bob!

post up your size, and the area you live. Got some people with way too many bikes on here, and you might get a hit.

also, you might find a new bike at a great price - we have some shop people that love to "hook em up"

RoyalOne

I'm 6'1" so I guess i would looking for a 19" or 21". I would like to stick with a hardtail. Probably looking spend $500-600. Looking for an ok starter bike that wont fall apart. I had saw a few beautiful descent bikes on craigslist but when i was finally to buy they were gone and now there is nothing.
I havent checked out pinkbike. I will give that a shot. I live in southern NJ, about 15 mins outside South Philly. I wouldnt mind taking a ride though.

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Welcome! Another option may be to check your local bike shops and see if they have any models stuck in storage from a few years back that they may be able to let go for a good price.

You could also place a "Wanted" add here. Just list some of the basics like you did above, size, price range, HT/FS, etc and see if someone has one that fits.

Good luck!

Top Bottom