Lewis Morris Conditions

billy64

Conditions were pretty darn good today...rode around 11....little wet spot on yellow after that tiny switchback section, right after the little rock tabletop. Other than that the only other area that was soft was the fire road from red down to orange.

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Ok... so Madison got zero snow, and points farther north and west got a gagillion inches of snow.

Who's near LewMo? Thoughts on early tomorrow morning (7-9am) before it warms up??

scotth

I could go for a ride in place of race....couldn’t get there til about 8 though, 7 is when I was dropping kids off

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Think i'm going to rv/cush to remove branches and reco the tree work needed.
Cush should be good - the hiking community is really on it.

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Got in a shortish ride at LewMo this morning. In terms of moisture, most of what I rode was pretty dry. The wettest part I saw was the fire road after the climb from the pavilion.

There were at least 3-4 chain saw worthy trees down, along with another handful of hand sawable trees/limbs. I cleared at least a dozen good sized branches and limbs off the trail. Only rode about 7 miles.
IMG_0280.JPG
IMG_0283.JPG
IMG_0286.JPG
IMG_0287.JPG

Overall I was shocked at how dry it was.

goldsbar

Dryness was probably due to the wind. I live 5 miles away, but we have snow on the ground. Big difference!

Xler8

No snow @ LewMo. It's was pretty dry there today except for a couple standing water spots, but overall dry. Lots of big trees down.

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Lots of debris and trees down, but most of the trails felt great yesterday. There are a couple of spots on the lower backside that should be avoided. The lower part of red has some seriously deep mud and there was standing water on the yellow switchback down to Tempe wick lot. There’s a major cluster of trees down at that same spot so just skip it.

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
Lots of debris and trees down, but most of the trails felt great yesterday. There are a couple of spots on the lower backside that should be avoided. The lower part of red has some seriously deep mud and there was standing water on the yellow switchback down to Tempe wick lot. There’s a major cluster of trees down at that same spot so just skip it.
Rode there Sunday afternoon and what he said is spot on. Only a couple soul-sucking mud holes and the rest dry. Lots of trees down though - also a couple big ones on Patriots Path heading from LewMo to Morristown. Wonder how long until the park clears them?

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Rode there Sunday afternoon and what he said is spot on. Only a couple soul-sucking mud holes and the rest dry. Lots of trees down though - also a couple big ones on Patriots Path heading from LewMo to Morristown. Wonder how long until the park clears them?
They stay on top of Patriots pretty well...Lewmo is another story, though...

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
i have a chainsaw if someone can get clearance to use it legally . . . (i have a feeling this is a no-go unfrotunately)

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Lewmo is EXTREMELY strict about that unfortunately. I might try to sneak out with a handsaw sometime this week and tackle some of the smaller stuff...

i think most government run lands are :( its a shame when they have the free labor source willing and ready to do the work.

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
So anyone can go out with an axe or hand saw and clear fallen trees?
Technically I think doing any work without permission is frowned upon... but If you just HAPPEN to have a folding saw in your pack...and nobody is looking...I mean, things happen.

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Dude you weren’t lying about a couple “big ones” on Patriots... those things are MASSIVE. That could take time....

Attachments

• DCE562BC-969E-48F3-B79A-1EA6F939A86B.jpeg
    DCE562BC-969E-48F3-B79A-1EA6F939A86B.jpeg
    213.6 KB · Views: 256
  • 48E67625-176A-45C1-AE8B-98B4127A19EB.jpeg
    48E67625-176A-45C1-AE8B-98B4127A19EB.jpeg
    151.5 KB · Views: 254

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions