Winter Riding Stay Warm Tips ...

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
i had a head problem today - too warm with the balaclava, and brain freeze on the DHs without it.
Opted for brain freeze - i'm sure my choice of lack-of hair style contributed.

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I like overpriced, expensive stuff as much as the next guy, but that thing was $90 originally. Seriously?

Pretty sure it was under 50 when I bought it. Maybe even on sale. I usually stick to the sales on that site.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Pretty sure it was under 50 when I bought it. Maybe even on sale. I usually stick to the sales on that site.
I bought one on closeout for 40? Mega sale going on now.

STB approved.
Alittle warm in th neck area on the mountain bike but perfect for the road.

Ryan.P

Team MTBNJ Halter's
w-liq_fir1.jpg

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
45nrth cap is baller.
https://www.rapha.cc/us/en_US/shop/deep-winter-hat/product/DWH01XXBLKXXX

One hat to rule them all. The last one you'll ever buy. I've had it for 4+ years. 4 years of washer and dryer. It's still tip top

i'm thinking that mid-20s just needs a skull cap - my ears were ok at that temp, just the top of my head.
Colder, the balaclava works. 30 today - perfectly fine. although a sweat band might have been a bonus.

thanks for the tips.

i see the rapha hat at $60 now - guess i need to wait for it to warm up a bit in the northern hemisphere!

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
yea balclava was too much today in the 20s, need something that covers just the top of the head . . . hmmm this cold weather BS is costing me ALOT of $$$$ this year :/

teabagger11

my left thumb is the only thing getting cold during these frigid riding days so i tried this last week i put another pair of gloves inside the front of my jacket and after about 2 hours when my thumb just wouldn't heat up i pulled a nice pair of warm gloves out of my jacket and put them on and was good to go for another hour

qclabrat

i'm thinking that mid-20s just needs a skull cap - my ears were ok at that temp, just the top of my head.
Colder, the balaclava works. 30 today - perfectly fine. although a sweat band might have been a bonus.

thanks for the tips.

i see the rapha hat at $60 now - guess i need to wait for it to warm up a bit in the northern hemisphere!
this always worked well for me, then I lost it
ordering a new one today
1516127267323.png

Top Bottom