High Mountain Conditions

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
Dry tonight (obviously) but noticed someone cleared leaves off Ancients, thank you! Didn't lose the trail once tonight except when i got to that same point on the white/yellow doubletrack almost at the circle, basically where the singletrack ends. Again not sure if i was off trail or if there were trees down.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Just saw this on strava

Parking at the circle in Franklin Lakes

It was recently brought to my attention that we need to stop parking in the circle. Emergency vehicles like fire trucks cannot swing the turn with cars in the circle. Please park before or after. There is plenty of room.
Thank you...

gmb3

JORBA.ORG
...but they can easily just go up on the curb in the island. Just being a wise-ass. I will park before or after the circle now so that we don't piss anyone off. Thanks for the heads-up.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
...but they can easily just go up on the curb in the island. Just being a wise-ass. I will park before or after the circle now so that we don't piss anyone off. Thanks for the heads-up.
lol yeah and they go straight thru and bypass the circle.... its not like its a high traffic area.
But nonetheless... we must and need to be the good examples of mtbers :)

MixMastaMM

Team Bulldog Rider
The parking issue is going to be covered by the Franklin Lakes Mayor and Counsel at their next meeting. If it continues to be an issue, no parking signs will go up and tickets issued. Please park on the straight sections of Reservoir DR or Winding Hollow. North Haledon Mayor and Counsel is also at the same point. Please do the right thing.

Mtbdog

High mountain is in primo conditions. Some leaves on some trails but most passable. Anyone headed to hmp Friday.

Victor I

aka Ridgehog
IMG_1575.JPG
Was riding this morning and saw a few of these signs in the traffic circle

gmb3

JORBA.ORG
The crazy wind helped dry off the rocks for a 10am ride today. Dirt was damp but not muddy. Good stuff. Did Ancients-Grandpas-Shelf-CircleSwitch. All were abiding by no circle parking which was good to see. Signs still up (unless the wind took them out).

ElPablo

I was there this afternoon and the trails are almost unrideable - there’s very little snow left and it’s mostly mush.

AE4536D9-7215-41A6-8DFB-455443863C82.jpeg

Last edited:

threefour

I was worried it might be muddy today, instead it was icy. The bigger access trails like yellow and orange had large iced areas that took me down a couple times. Once I made it to Ancients that was almost entirely just fine.

Attachments

• A205E4F0-E2B0-4AAC-B406-91A318870ECB.jpeg
    A205E4F0-E2B0-4AAC-B406-91A318870ECB.jpeg
    214.1 KB · Views: 440
  • DA5ECF4D-4072-49D9-B03C-D151517106E3.jpeg
    DA5ECF4D-4072-49D9-B03C-D151517106E3.jpeg
    209.9 KB · Views: 415
  • 41177483-8BFC-47E7-BD5F-E2AFA1FDCA9F.jpeg
    41177483-8BFC-47E7-BD5F-E2AFA1FDCA9F.jpeg
    182.3 KB · Views: 427

pat_the_cat

Anyone know what the current status of the park is? Considering heading here in the morning if there is minimal snow cover.

Mtbdog

Sry was watching sx! HMP was fast and hard today, tomorrow should offer up same. What time you have in mind, midday was good today.

gmb3

JORBA.ORG
So, lots of snow/ice/rain yesterday. Any chance HM won't be a skating rink tomorrow morning? Overnight lows dipping below 20 so it will be frozen, just not sure if it will be solid ice or rideable snow. I do not have studded tires.

Mr. E Man

So, lots of snow/ice/rain yesterday. Any chance HM won't be a skating rink tomorrow morning? Overnight lows dipping below 20 so it will be frozen, just not sure if it will be solid ice or rideable snow. I do not have studded tires.
Did you go riding... how's the trails?

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions