I fashion my crown from Quetzlcoatl’s quills

soundz rulez

tumblr_ozw78rITMT1qc0n0xo1_500.jpg

First Thanksgiving at our house. (at Towaco, New Jersey)

Continue reading...

soundz rulez

tumblr_p0ikhwb5Yb1qc0n0xo1_500.jpg

It’s a Christmas miracle. I drilled and retapped the jackshaft bolts with the engine in the car with a sawed off drill bit and right angle pneumatic drill. Previously assumed an impossible task. #harborfreight #gvr4 #dsm (at Towaco, New Jersey)

Continue reading...

Apparently, I could have gone to one of these gigs, had I been more motivated and involved in conversations. Oh well.

I heard they only played about 45 minutes on Saturday(?)

hmm, didn't hear that. They played for a bit over an hour on Sunday. I opted for sunday to deal with less traffic. But I missed seeing the jesus lizard cause they played the same night.
It was converge's best performance for sure. I'm always annoyed by the sound quality every time they play, I have no idea why it always sounds so bad but at St. Vitus is was perfect. I'm not even that picky on sound.
super glad we went. I had to buy tickets off of stubhub since these shows sold out instantly.
I recorded the whole thing on my pocket camera that I stuck up on a beam before the show. I'll try and upload it tonight to youtubes.

But I missed seeing the jesus lizard cause they played the same night.
Missing this bummed me out substantially more than missing Converge, who I've seen quite a few times. Mrs. G and I saw the Jesus Lizard only once, in 1996/97, and I still think about it every time I hear them.

I saw converge in 97 somewhere in a firehall in NJ. Was hands down one of the best bands I have seen live.

Back
Top Bottom