What beer are you drinking RIGHT NOW?

Mitch

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Got called off the job early today by the super.
Met @fidodie at Czigmeister's to try their new NEIPA.
View attachment 58593
Good to see you my man.

Citra and Mosaic?
Okay, you have my attention.
View attachment 58597

Then off to some paddling in my new to me boat (thanks @pooriggy!)
View attachment 58594

View attachment 58595
Great night to be on the water.

Then for the grilling portion of the evening, cracked a growler of OH's DDH 0-77-Mosaic.
View attachment 58596
Pretty tasty.

Happy Friday Bitches!
Wow. That's some Friday! So Jel

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
so i like this yankee team - much more personable.
BUT, being a mets fan....anyone but the yankees, and def not houston.
(hat has some serious mileage on it)

yummy beer - as reviewed on site yesterday.

IMG_7787.JPG

jackx

Thanks for the heads-up on this, @fidodie.

I swung by CZIG Meister today on my way home following the MtbNJ ride at Chimney Rock, and I picked up a 4-pack. This Tasty beverage definitely hit the spot.

It was my first time going in CZIG Meister and it seems like a nice place.

IMG_5530.JPG

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
TA ta ta ta.....TNF

Found a new gem......Tilted barn. Rhode Island

View attachment 58578
View attachment 58580
And yes. Even the great ones have bad days....the first TH that falls below 4....too piney....I guess the name should have been a hint .... 3.8

View attachment 58579

I've had haze, Julius, and SAP. Several haze and J's, one sap. Tree house is really good, but I'm always left a little disappointed. I think it may be the hype.
If it falls in my lap I'll take it, but I don't see a need to go out of my way to get my hands on some when OH is so easily attainable.
Am I nuts?

And agreed on SAP. It was meh at best.

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
I've had haze, Julius, and SAP. Several haze and J's, one sap. Tree house is really good, but I'm always left a little disappointed. I think it may be the hype.
If it falls in my lap I'll take it, but I don't see a need to go out of my way to get my hands on some when OH is so easily attainable.
Am I nuts?

And agreed on SAP. It was meh at best.

You are not NUTS....we all have our favorites and it is a matter of personal taste at the end.....

you might have the same symptoms I have with OH....I think OH is even more hyped....(Jmanic will be pissed...hhahaha)....

I much rather have some INTERBOROS or GREENPOINTS, hell, even some FINBACKS.....

OH pumps new beers like I change underwear ....they end up all tasting the same...they just slap a new label and a new name, but at the end of the day....they starting tasting repetitive.

At least with Tree House, they have their 'staples' and they release a few specials every once in a while.....

OH is not so easily attainable to me...it used to be, but then one day, somebody I know o_O...I won't mention any names....decided that riding bikes was more fun than waiting on line for beer......

......it is probably better for my wallet and my gut anyway....:rolleyes:

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
OH pumps new beers like I change underwear ....they end up all tasting the same...they just slap a new label and a new name, but at the end of the day....they starting tasting repetitive.

Totally agree. They do all taste the same. Or at least in the same ballpark.
You get some differences with the "all everything" single hop stuff, but the multi hop and collabs all blend together. Still delicious but similar.

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
some weekend stuff....

Oktoberfest-Alementary...not pictured/... i am enjoying it very much...

IMG_2336[1].JPG IMG_2337[1].JPG

Hit Long Valley Pub yesterday after I was ripped off at the Disney like experience that it is ALSTEAD's Farm....(Disclaimer: I knew what I was getting into, hence, my resistance to go....but as we all know....resistance is futile....)

at least capped it off with a nice burger and a couple of beers....nothing spectacular but decent brews.

IMG_2323[1].JPG
went back to an old favorite...which we all know....

IMG_2321[1].JPG
Got me some fresh stuff from MA.....very nice Collab with Cloudwater Brew....4.25!

IMG_2309[1].JPG
As usual...went for Tacos.... nice LIC to wash them down....3.85

jackx

Hit Long Valley Pub yesterday after I was ripped off at the Disney like experience that it is ALSTEAD's Farm....(Disclaimer: I knew what I was getting into, hence, my resistance to go....but as we all know....resistance is futile....)

View attachment 58702
As usual...went for Tacos.... nice LIC to wash them down....3.85

Were the tacos good @elzoller and were they anywhere near Long Valley Brew Pub? Just wondering if there are any taco gems in that area.

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
Were the tacos good @elzoller and were they anywhere near Long Valley Brew Pub? Just wondering if there are any taco gems in that area.

haha...no...sorry....Tacos in Park Ridge....of course they are good...they have my seal of approval.
http://www.elaztecaparkridge.com/menu.html
stick to tacos and tortas...I haven't had anything else....they also have the AmeriXican stuff like burritos and chimichangas....
small place..mostly for takeout..but they do have a TV with FUTBOL... and Yankee's games....

jackx

haha...no...sorry....Tacos in Park Ridge....of course they are good...they have my seal of approval.
http://www.elaztecaparkridge.com/menu.html
stick to tacos and tortas...I haven't had anything else....they also have the AmeriXican stuff like burritos and chimichangas....
small place..mostly for takeout..but they do have a TV with FUTBOL... and Yankee's games....
Thanks.
Wow. That's far from the Chester / Long Valley area. Good to know if I ever get up that way, but I've never been up to that part of the state.

Top Bottom