Wawayanda State Park Conditions

Kaleidopete

I was out early this morning meeting up with an old walking buddy visiting from Maryland.
Us old walking buddies even had a group photo, I'm the oldest.
walking buddies.jpg

JRP581

I just saw your note on Strava, too. So, missed both of your notes until just now. I was up in Sullivan County this morning for work, so I hit Stewart for a ride on the way back.
I was out riding when you posted, I managed to find my way back with a lot of watching gps.

trekfan

hey when did that log bridge and rock work get done on mojo in that swampy section? that area for me was always a disaster. now it's fantastic! great job to whoever did it

huffster

Yes just rode that the other day. Agree that it is a great improvement. Must be less than a month old.

Kaleidopete

Ragnar had their weekend footrace at Wayway, around 2000 people were there. Here is what the field looked like the day after.
Garbage Ragnar.jpg

Same field the day after 100 Paterson picnickers
garbage72.jpg

Kaleidopete

Big tree down on Banker trail by Plymouth Lane, but there is an easy ride around there that works great.
Most other trails are in great shape except for the usual wet spots.
Banker treees.jpg

Kaleidopete

The one on red dot, near the camp sites?
no, that one on Red Dot is quite a ways in, after the long climb but before the cut off to Twin Bridges.
I came to that one first. Then made the cut off onto Twin Bridges and hit the 2nd one the way to on to cherry ridge

trekfan

you are truly the salt of the earth to be out riding in this weather. biking is a distant memory for me with these temps

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Anyone have a trail report. We are scheduled for a ride there next Saturday, the 20th. How is snow cover, I'm guessing this rain is going to melt most of it.

Kaleidopete

Anyone have a trail report. We are scheduled for a ride there next Saturday, the 20th. How is snow cover, I'm guessing this rain is going to melt most of it.
I rode trails this morning, to my surprise. I thought they would be crap.
Still snow here and slippery in virgin snow. Better on snowmobile tracks.
I can't imagine how Saturday will be. The virgin snow is like 6 inches deep.
The packed trails are a mix of ruts and loose snow. We'll have to see what the rain does.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions