Kresson Trail Conditions

giff06

What are the trail conditions post Sandy and how many miles of trails are there here. Are the trails marked? Address of the parking area?........ And oh yeah, FIRST!:)
Ed and Pat Gifford
the Snot Rocket tandem

Frank

Sasquatch
Address

1373 Kresson Rd. Cherry Hill, NJ

It's all I have so far. We are working on getting more info from our folk there.:eek:

giff06

Thanks for the info you two. We are getting itchy for some off roading since most of our local areas are closed due to the storm.
Ed and Pat

Last edited:

giff06

So Pat and I ventured down to Kression Trails today. We found the entrance without any problems and there is a map at the trailhead kiosk. No printed maps to take on the trail though. Its a pretty easy place to figure out, all the trails are color coded and are pretty easy non technical trails( think the upper trails at Allaire.) There are some TTF's including a teeter totter but all have an easy go round. Trails were not Sandy and were pretty well drained. The Park is about the size of Clayton with less elevation change. Trails were not crowded and everyone we met was polite and helpful. We even met the guy who took credit for laying out and constructing the trails.
We were told there were more trails on the other side of Springdale Rd but right at the point where you cross to the other side there was a large Private Property sign. We did ride a ways in but all along the trail there were newer Private Property signs so we thought the right thing to do was turn around and go back. We rode most of the trails both ways for around 10 miles. Once our parks are open again I don't think I would make a special trip just to ride there but with Ceres only 30 mins away I will be sure to make it a stop whenever we are in the area.:)
Ed and Pat Gifford
the Snot Rocket tandem

frickster

Just an FYI - there is a thursday night group ride at Kresson at 6p I believe. Crossing Springdale is very dicey - it's pretty wide and people come down it doing 50+mph so BE CAREFUL!! yes, you can dive in past the private property sign and you are NOT on private property. Adds a few miles if you follow along the creek. There is an old BMS track in there that is in total dis-repair and unsafe and a huge tree fell over into the middle of it during Sandy to boot! Unfortunately, there is lots of dumping that has gone on back there but the trails are in pretty good shape and there are some decent challenges back there. Great place for a shorter ride if you live in the area and don't wanna drive far. THERE IS NO SAND!! So that's a big advantage over BRP...unless you're a sand hog...

giff06

Thanks!! We have a son that lives about 15 mins from the trail head so whenever we visit him Kresson will be on our to do list.
Ed and Pat

MikeP

if you're in the area and are checking Ceres you have GCC and CCC which ate both closer to Ceres and IMO more fun than kresson

giff06

Thanks for the suggestions Mike. We hope to explore all those places this winter. Are the trails marked in any way at either location?
Ed and Pat

MikeP

No really. There's a few signs up at CCC but probably won't be much help. Depending when you guys come down I could give you a tour.

giff06

OK, thanks! Everyone comes here for the holidays so it would be after that more than likely. I will PM you here when we can make it and if you are available it would be appreciated.
Ed and Pat

dhunt8705

Rode the "legit" side only yesterday with some friends - conditions were great! The trail crew had cleaned up a fallen tree next to the creek (from like a month ago) and it seems like they were actively working on cleaning up small stuff had that fallen from this past storm. Like 3 weeks ago I rode both sides, and while the non-park is fun, it definitely needs some help - overgrowth, wash-out, etc. But hey, rode for 3 hours and didn't get bored!

zmodica

I just came off the trail and apparently recently there was a huge flood here. The green trail is washed out along the river and almost unridable in parts. there are trees down and trash all over the place clearly from the flood. I cleaned up what I could and took a backpack of garbage out with me. But our old friend Kresson could use some love, it's a mess

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
I just came off the trail and apparently recently there was a huge flood here. The green trail is washed out along the river and almost unridable in parts. there are trees down and trash all over the place clearly from the flood. I cleaned up what I could and took a backpack of garbage out with me. But our old friend Kresson could use some love, it's a mess

Take the lead - seems like a good scout troop project?

robcleary

The main trails are mostly good these days. Some areas are a little washed out, but all ridable. Purple could really use some love as the off-camber bits are a little sketchy. Still ridable, just be careful to keep your traction, otherwise it's you+bike+swamp.

The unofficial trails across Springdale are nearly impassable from the Springdale entrance after the most recent tropical storm blew through here. I counted at least 7 down trees and while I managed to hike my bike and self back there, it's a really bad time. If you can find access from another side, I'd recommend that. The trail clears up as you get closer to back area, and the ttf's and whatnot are pretty much open if you can find a way back there.

Last edited:

robcleary

*Update*

Idk who maintains the unofficial trails across Springdale, but they're clear again! Someone went through with a chainsaw and cleared the whole thing, and cut new trails where the debris were too large to move. First loam I've ever ridden in Jersey! Thank you to the anonymous kind soul who cleared these so well.

JDurk

*Update*

Idk who maintains the unofficial trails across Springdale, but they're clear again! Someone went through with a chainsaw and cleared the whole thing, and cut new trails where the debris were too large to move. First loam I've ever ridden in Jersey! Thank you to the anonymous kind soul who cleared these so well.
1st rule of Fight club

robcleary

Mostly a good ride, a little muddy in the usual spots (purple/white intersection and sections of back trails). Otherwise not too bad for post-winter.

Valsmere

Was out today for a spin conditions weren't bad a little soft by the creek but otherwise all good. Not many people there pretty cool for a quick ride

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions