Mohawk Mountain House

Jmann

Never gonna let you down.
I occasionally hike up there and have always wanted to come back with a bike. The paths are hard pack crushed stone, so basically gravel grinding. Really pretty area.
That reminds me I should make that happen soon.

Jmann

One point is that most of the paths are only a car width, so riding during non peak times would help avoid hiker traffic

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
... says there's mountain biking available (single track) but not sure how technical it might be.
There is actually one trail designated for mountain biking out in the middle of nowhere,
I think it is about 1 mile in total give or take.
Not a reason to get a day pass.

I ride miniwaska and mohonk preseve a lot. It's 99% gravel road. It's 100% beautiful. It all connects to mohonk mountain house. Easily do 50 miles and go for a swim at lake awosting in miniwaska.
^This is how you enjoy the area.

bucknejo

hey guys, thanks for the feedback. seems like it's a rad place regardless of the ST or whatever. wife was there the past couple days on a 'team building' exercise for work. it was probably more of a recon mission for our next vacation which i think was a success. she said there's no TVs in any of the rooms which caught my attention STAT (awesomesauce). wifi exists but i suppose that's ok.

in any event, seems like a good idea just to get out there.

Jmann

The labyrinth hike is really cool if you are staying at the hotel. Also Mohonk was the inspiration for Stephen kings the Shining.

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
hey guys, thanks for the feedback. seems like it's a rad place regardless of the ST or whatever. wife was there the past couple days on a 'team building' exercise for work. it was probably more of a recon mission for our next vacation which i think was a success. she said there's no TVs in any of the rooms which caught my attention STAT (awesomesauce). wifi exists but i suppose that's ok.

in any event, seems like a good idea just to get out there.
They do break out a TV in the room across the hall from the bar during NFL playoffs, so don't book then. ;)

Top Bottom