Paragon sliders

qclabrat

looking at a Soma Juice and it comes standard with 135 spacing in the rear, though I've read with Paragons you can change to 142 thru axle. Has anyone done this upgrade? I've never own a bike with the Paragon sliding dropouts, but they seem incredibly versatile.

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
I have Paragons on my Seven, and have been thinking of doing the 135 to 142 swap, but for the time being I'm making do with a DT Swiss 10mm ratcheting skewer on a 135mm hub.

The Paragon sliders allow for lots of different configurations on the same frame. I've been very happy with them.

qclabrat

I have Paragons on my Seven, and have been thinking of doing the 135 to 142 swap, but for the time being I'm making do with a DT Swiss 10mm ratcheting skewer on a 135mm hub.

The Paragon sliders allow for lots of different configurations on the same frame. I've been very happy with them.
which wheels are you running on the Seven?

Jmann

Never gonna let you down.
I think you can all type of sliders directly from paragon. I'm surprised thru axle isn't the stock option, with standard spacing going the way of the buffalo.
I'm in the opposite boat, I'd buy a steel honzo frame today if it wasn't boost (or had the money for the ti option)

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
which wheels are you running on the Seven?
The hubs are Chris King, which is the main reason that I've not converted to 15 & 12mm through axles. Changing King hubs over to through axles requires new hub axles and end clamps, so it's not a cheap proposition.

I also highly recommend the Paragon Combination Cap Head Screws as an upgrade for anyone running their sliders. Yes, they're not cheap, but the oem bolts are pretty soft and inevitably begin to round out.

http://www.paragonmachineworks.com/...m-chcs-with-washers-for-sliding-dropouts.html

qclabrat

contacted Paragon and surprised they weren't much help finding what I needed
My other bikes have bolts, any reason to get one with a skewer vs a bolt?
Some specific Shimano or DT Swiss, what's the difference?

upload_2017-8-22_9-36-15.png

Top Bottom