Deer Park Conditions

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
how does Deer Park compare with Stephens?
I've ridden neither and looking for a place for beginners

I don't have very much stamina and I'm a bit fat(5 10 240 size 34 pants) but I was able to do 11 miles and change there, it was a lot of fun! The drive way sucks ass btw so no low cars lol.

Idk if you saw my thread for allamuchy easy everyone said deer park is the easiest and after going to All North I couldn't agree more, lots of quick tight single track and a few logs to climb ride over but I could do all but one and I have a low BB. Also the lake provided a nice breeze.

Reggie

Formerly ReggieHammond
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Was able to sneak out and do a little TM this afternoon on the Rutherford Trail. Pruned back the overhanging limbs that were eye pokers as well as some hedge trimming on those pesky arm grabbers. Unfortunately, my batteries died before I was able to finish 100%.

Rode here twice this weekend. Trails are in great shape, but have some trees down; Rutherford Trail & Rogue. The tree on Rutherford Trail is a big one that is forcing people to hike around it.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Was able to sneak out and do a little TM this afternoon on the Rutherford Trail. Pruned back the overhanging limbs that were eye pokers as well as some hedge trimming on those pesky arm grabbers. Unfortunately, my batteries died before I was able to finish 100%.

Rode here twice this weekend. Trails are in great shape, but have some trees down; Rutherford Trail & Rogue. The tree on Rutherford Trail is a big one that is forcing people to hike around it.
Ty
We need to hook up and clean this park up. Call me next time.

slushdog

Rode the White trail to the Blue and finished the loop on the Yellow trail. The trails were great but in some areas, the thorny vines were starting to encroach onto the trail, sometimes snagging you and drawing blood. All in all a great ride today.

jdgang

Conditions should be good. We did a TM on the 15th clearing up down trees and pulling back the brush. There are still some overgrown spots

jdgang

IMG_8614.JPG IMG_8616.JPG
Going up the white from the parking lot. This is what jcpl did to fix a down wires . The first pic is looking down the trail the second is looking up

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Rain makes for a messy ride in DP
With the over growth you will be soaked within minutes.
Upper Stephen's will be fine
North will be fine

Reggie

Formerly ReggieHammond
Team MTBNJ Halter's
They were both in great condition over the weekend...things may change based on this front coming through as we speak. That being said, I believe they should still be good to go.

Full disclosure, there are a few new trees down, but nothing terrible.

Head on out and enjoy.

jackx

Stephens it is, how would I duck into Deer Park from there for a looksie?
If riding from Stephens, if you get to the iron gate at Kinney Rd., head (Northwest) on Kinney Rd. out to Waterloo Rd. Turn Right on Waterloo Rd, and just ahead on left side of road see the Deer Park Orange trail, which has a few stream crossings and then a challenging uphill.

Last edited:

Reggie

Formerly ReggieHammond
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Sorry for the late response. Trails are in good shape. You will see some overgrowth here and there and a tree or two down, but definitely worth riding.

The trails were dry enough prior to this rain that they will be good to go by tomorrow. The usual wet spots may have standing water, but they typically do anyway.

jerzey111

Thanks, we went yesterday and has a blast. Trails were 100% and yes few trees down, we moved some but 2 of them were chain saw big.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions

Trail Conditions not available
Top Bottom