Stephens State Park Conditions

Reggie

Formerly ReggieHammond
Team MTBNJ Halter's
@mattybfat is in point. Trails in both parks are in great condition.

Deer Park has a fee trees down scattered throughout the park. The heavy overgrown areas are not too bad right now as the really bad area(s) were addressed last weekend. That being said, I'm sure there is a sticker here and there.

Stephens is in good shape as well. There was a TM session there today focusing on the Little Grunt trail that cuts the corner of Kinney Rd and Waterloo Valley Rd as well as 1/2 of the Holy Grail from Waterloo Valley Rd to the lower railbed section heading towards Continental Drive. A consorted effort was made to attack the heavy burning bush growth. Not completed 100%, but a ton better.

Get out there and have fun!!!

Kev

Trails were great with some overgrowth in places and is it me or have there been way more ticks throughout northern NJ this year compared to previous years? There is also a tree down on Orange between the white trail and the lot on Park Road.

Reggie

Formerly ReggieHammond
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Both Stephens and DP are in great shape. There are a few heavy overgrowth areas in both parks, but other than that, your golden.

qclabrat

where's a good place to park here?
It looks to be a second lot from the entrance where orange, yellow, blue and red merge

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I am riding at 10 am
From pavilion down by the rangers station.

Coordinates
40.879986,-74.805508

Plan is a triple could be a double
But at minimum of 25 miles.

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Walt meet Matty at 10. He'll give you a great tour. Pretty easy to bail if need be.

Reggie

Formerly ReggieHammond
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Was out today. Still some snowfall on the trails, but in great conditions. No ice heave. A solid 4 outta 4.

Reggie

Formerly ReggieHammond
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Any volunteers!? Lol
Already got the map on maprika.

@mattybfat is right. Although one can follow Maprika rather easily, it tends to be better with a guide as there are certain trails that work better in a specific directions.

When were you thinking? I'm heading out at 12pm today, possibly tomorrow, and then again over the weekend. Sunday is a Deer Park ride though. Shoot me a pm if interested.

FTR, I'm in my winter riding mode....slow and steady.

ryderX

Anyone planning on riding Friday around noon or Saturday anytime. I'd be glad to lead a ride from the Waterloo rd trailhead area. Stephens or North ...

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions