Tourne County Park Conditions

Zaskar

Not my wheel but saw this on FB and thought my bike finding skills could be put to use here.

IMG_1901.JPG

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Well that sucks....I assume he went back and look for it and it was gone?

slushdog

Well that sucks....I assume he went back and look for it and it was gone?

He didn't realize the wheel was missing until the next day. He rode Tourne on Monday (3/6). He took off the front wheel, put the rest of the bike into the truck, got distracted in a conversation with a couple and forgot the wheel. I'm hoping that someone does return the wheel. We all know how much we love our bikes and riding.

slushdog

Good news! Tom got his wheel back. He returned to Tourne today and spoke to the maintenance crew. They promptly retrieved it from their storage shed and returned the wheel. Although he tried to give them a monetary reward, they refused it. Thank you Morris County Maintenance crew!

extremedave

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Go. Go ride now! A little rough this morning but it'll soften and be awesome. Fatbike preferred as everything was snowed in.

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
you know that line "shoulda been here yesterday"? well, it fully applies to the Tourne right now. very sloppy with few (if any) firm spots. unless the temps tank at night and you can get there early, just hit the road.

extremedave

Team MTBNJ Halter's
you know that line "shoulda been here yesterday"? well, it fully applies to the Tourne right now. very sloppy with few (if any) firm spots. unless the temps tank at night and you can get there early, just hit the road.

Well, I did say "now". :D My rides are usually on Sunday so when I report most everyone is done for the weekend and it's meaningless. But we try.

bonefishjake

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Well, I did say "now". :D
HA!

with the cold temps last night i decided to give it another go there today. it was *a little* better, but not much. slogging through the mush yesterday put a beating on my legs so i didn't do my full loop. it would probably be a lot better for someone under 190lbs...

bonefishjake

Team MTBNJ Halter's
TL:DR - depends on the weather.

@MadisonDan - most of the trails have seen a ton of traffic so they're pretty beaten down. neither the "upper red" trail on the boonton twp side nor hadn't seen much action and the northern facing switches on the denville side were a little tricky. the southern/eastern side was mostly clear. the climb to the top had a single packed in section which was a little slick.

SSmtbr

Rode yesterday, 4/14, and trails were overall in great shape. A little soft in the low spots on purple near the red/white/purple junction by the lake and toward the pink/teal intersection.

There's a blow down about a foot in diameter sitting about thigh high on the red trail just after blue as you climb from the McCaffrey Ln side.

BPaze

Really want to get a ride in today and next couple days do you think the red and purple trails will be ok after the weather we have had?

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Really want to get a ride in today and next couple days do you think the red and purple trails will be ok after the weather we have had?

I'm sure that Tourne will be fine. I'll probably swing through there later today.

BPaze

Thanks, do you know other trails that are good to ride after or during rain? Just getting back into riding and don't want the weather to slow down the momentum, but want to respect the trails as well.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Thanks, do you know other trails that are good to ride after or during rain? Just getting back into riding and don't want the weather to slow down the momentum, but want to respect the trails as well.

The white trail through the middle is the last one to dry out. There will probably be one muddy section on teal, and one on purple by the bridge, but they are nothing to worry about. If I'm wrong and the trails are bad, you can always do some character building laps up and down the gravel road to the top of the Tourne.

Also, FYI there is a weekly beginner/intermediate ride at the Tourne at 6pm on Tuesdays, hosted by Cycle Craft:
https://www.meetup.com/Cycle-Craft-NJ-Rides/events/241860383/

BPaze

Thanks @JimN Mike at cycle craft invited me a couple weeks ago might actually make it this week although I usually go earlier due to family commitments.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions