Recomended trails in the lake George area?

68nova200

I'm heading up to lake George next week and I'm wondering if anyone has suggestions on where to ride. Last year we hit Gurney lane and north creek ski bowl park. I dont really want to ride any lift service areas as my bike is a hardtail ( and you know free is better). I was looking at spier falls for this year. Does anyone know any other areas that are good? I have about 4 days to ride.

Bring road bike.

SMBA trails in Saratoga.
There are trails on the east side of Lk George which I haven't been on.
New trails over at Brant Lk are not complete yet.

How technical are the SMBA trails? Do they compare them to wildcat ridge? That's my main riding area.

How technical are the SMBA trails? Do they compare them to wildcat ridge? That's my main riding area.

Some pretty technical areas, mostly farther from the Clinton and Daniels Road parking. Probably nothing you can't handle. Good variety, maybe 3.5 hours to cover it all.

Yes Smba trails are great. If you like the techie stuff at Chimney Rock or Ringwood you'll be fine. Try to make it up the the northern most trails. Some nice remote stuff up there

If you like tech, try the tongue mountain trail out and back (5 miles each way along the western shore of tonque mountain in Lake George's northwest bay).

Also, moreau state park at exit 17 on the northway has some good stuff but you have to climb to get to it. Great views of the Hudson from up there.

Back
Top Bottom