6 Mile Run Conditions

BPaze

Down in the area for work and decided to bring my bike. what are the conditions of the trail today?

Big Dumb Animal

Hippo Nipples' #1 Fan
On Monday it was really nice with only a few puddles that were easy to avoid, the usual spots where rain collects and takes forever to leave from.

Big Dumb Animal

Hippo Nipples' #1 Fan
Thanks never been first time going, just getting into MTB again.
Nice, 6m was my first trail, really fun to ride and nothing crazy technical. It just takes forever to dry when it rains so always good to avoid after a heavy rain. Only one patch of puddles I had to get off and walk to avoid, everything else I could ride around, and that was two days ago. Have fun.

pygmypony

rode 6mr today...conditions were perfecto (except for the heat!) with only two or three very minor wet spots on orange...thanks @jdog thanks for the great work by the bridge near the red/orange split...there was so much earth moved there, i can't believe you did that without a bobcat or something?!

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
rode 6mr today...conditions were perfecto (except for the heat!) with only two or three very minor wet spots on orange...thanks @jdog thanks for the great work by the bridge near the red/orange split...there was so much earth moved there, i can't believe you did that without a bobcat or something?!

I had to move the trail a few feet over because some people just don't see the results of their actions. Way too many people are riding 6mr when wet. It's becoming a real burden as I'm mostly repairing bomb holes rather than building cools stuff.

I'm glad to be out digging no matter, but the abuse this park is getting this summer is pathetic.

BPaze

Only got to make half a run due to time constraints but yes trail was pretty dry ran the red trail. It is a great trail thanks, Jdog, much faster than anything I have ridden up north yet. Been riding Tourne and Lewis Morris so far. Next time I am in the area I will def ride it again. I feel like if you know it better it is going to be even more fun.

stilluf

Got in 15.1 fast , flowing, fun miles today on red and blue. Nice break from CHimney and Lew mo. Conditions were 90% tacky goodness with 10% red mud (adding to my TM deficit). Haven't ridden here since 2015 and big thanks to @jdog for his work.

Dingo

OHHh... just to add to thegoodness we crossed the closed road, it was really cool the workers there have kept an opening for us. Normally something like this in a construction zone is off limits. Kudos to those involved!

J-Dro

How should the conditions be tomorrow after what looks like should be light rain tonight?

Actually, tonight's forecast calls for heavy thunderstorms with 1-2" of rain. Best to check in the morning before making the drive.

Kev

Oh wow yeah there's a large storm heading over from PA. An update tomorrow morning would be awesome. I don't need any of that Six Mile Run mud clogging my drivetrain!

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions