First time at Mercer.

ReverendNewman

Sup guys,

Where is the best place to park to jump on the trails. Don't know how technical it is so I want to start out slow and just do some exploring. Thanx.

thegock

Mercer is flatter than Hartshorne and less tech than Allaire or Six Mile. Nothing there like Tiger Woods.

There are trails on the other side of the reservoir, too, up to the boathouse.

michael.su

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Mercer is not technical and is very flat but it's the tightest twistiest single track around = a lot of fun. Most people park at the marina because it's centrally located but you can park at any of the lots really.

ReverendNewman

Yup. It was fun. Parked at the marina, headed towards Hughes Rd. direction. Ended up by that dam, climbed that, and turned around. Then went right side of the Marina, didn't see too much there. But it was very "Clayton'ish", without the hills.

ReverendNewman

Mercer is flatter than Hartshorne and less tech than Allaire or Six Mile. Nothing there like Tiger Woods.

Ah!. Didn't make over there today. Do u guys have group rides?

ReverendNewman

Wow, there r some that say Allaire isn't even that technical. LOL. Tiger Woods trail is pretty awesome. U gotta get on the other side of Hospital Rd. and ride "Endor" and "Who gone and dunit".

michael.su

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Ah!. Didn't make over there today. Do u guys have group rides?
There are some Meetup.com rides there if you are interested. Look for the Central NJ mountain biking Meetup and Philadelphia Mountain bike Meetup groups. I'm injured right now but when I'm back on the bike, I'll show you around some time if you'd like.
It's a little confusing at first with all of the side trail options but you can easily get 15 or so miles in there.

zmodica

Yup. It was fun. Parked at the marina, headed towards Hughes Rd. direction. Ended up by that dam, climbed that, and turned around. Then went right side of the Marina, didn't see too much there. But it was very "Clayton'ish", without the hills.

i park off of Edinburg rd and go out and back on both sides of the lake, i can ride up to 13 miles without repeating a trail..heres a map and i didnt ride all the trails by hughes Dr this day
mercer.jpg

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions