Estell Manor Conditions

Smith309

Anyone still riding these trails? Was out there on Saturday and they need some work but have potential to be good again

pibbles

Anyone still riding these trails? Was out there on Saturday and they need some work but have potential to be good again
Estelle and Belleplain both suffer from lack of tm as of late. Batsto and Allaire put maintenance dates up every season,sadly many in south jersey are stretched very thin, and don't put up tm dates. If you have a date in mind that doesn't conflict with batsto tm you'll get help,just post it up and make sure you spray up,ticks and chiggers in both estelle and Belleplain are terrible .....

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
I rode there the other day and made note that we needed a day of clipping, but planned to do it after chigger season ends. If anyone is interested in assisting the Atlantic County Chapter of JORBA, please post up and we will get you in touch with @theranch

moray42

Merman
As Ken and @pibbles already mentioned, not a whole lot happens over the late spring/summer. These trails aren't worn in quite enough to keep the seasonal overgrowth back, and they become a tick/chigger haven for several months. Official dates tend to be few, but I'd expect @pibbles and I will be back at ad hoc stuff off and on while the growth is down. Bigger work session may be in the cards this season, but have not touched base with @KenS and @theranch about it so far. Will probably take a peek at how stuff from last April has held up sometime soon.

Rocks & Water

Rode there last Friday good few down trees. Weeds still there but are starting to laydown. I don't ride it in the summer or late spring tick & chigger why and they hang for a good time past the cold snap. Yea it can use a bit of work but still good to go. Watch yourself on some of the log overs there shit work on them, we don't need someone getting hurt and carted out for some half ass work.

pibbles

Rode there last Friday good few down trees. Weeds still there but are starting to laydown. I don't ride it in the summer or late spring tick & chigger why and they hang for a good time past the cold snap. Yea it can use a bit of work but still good to go. Watch yourself on some of the log overs there shit work on them, we don't need someone getting hurt and carted out for some half ass work.
Just wanted to thank you for fixing those log overs. Keep focused on this spot for future tm dates can't wait to meet you,always nice when you meet a fellow volunteer that helps out with the trails!

moray42

Merman
Walked thru part of the loop with the dog yesterday. Opted not to bring trimmers since I didn't head out until later in the day. At least 3 decent size trees down. I expect they will be dealt with in some manner or another before too long. May be more, so be alert in the event one is tucked behind a blind corner. Did block off a couple shortcuts while I was out.
IMG_2809.JPG

J_Cooke

Hello Folks,
The Estell Manor Park Trail Work
Sunday July 9th - 8:30am-Noonish

The singletrack trails are in desperate need of some help and We Need You!! Please come out and lend a hand to clean up these great trails.

Recently, JORBA (Jersey Offroad Bicycle Assoc.) cut the trees out and now we need help trimming. We should be able to clean up all 4.5 miles of trails in 1 day.
JORBA will be on-site to provide the tools.

We will be parking in the lot located on the map just off of Artesian Well Rd.

Please bring water, bug spray, and work gloves if you have them. Also, bring your bike and helmet so we can ride it afterwards (no drop pace)!

J_Cooke

It went very well. 14 volunteers showed up and we mowed, clipped, and raked nearly every trail in there. The loop is clear, just a few of the little trails near the parking area were skipped. I'm gonna take a guess and say we cleared about 90% of the trails. We took a test spin when we were finished. It was excellent, i didn't hit one branch!

I don't know if you're on facebook, but if you are, check out JORBA Atlantic County MTB.

jc

theranch

It went very well. 14 volunteers showed up and we mowed, clipped, and raked nearly every trail in there. The loop is clear, just a few of the little trails near the parking area were skipped. I'm gonna take a guess and say we cleared about 90% of the trails. We took a test spin when we were finished. It was excellent, i didn't hit one branch!

I don't know if you're on facebook, but if you are, check out JORBA Atlantic County MTB.

jc
Thanks for the work holmes!

theranch

FYI JORBA reps from Atlantic County along with a solid group of volunteers brushed and cleaned all of the trails in this park on Sunday Aug 5th.

slingblade_uhhuh

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
From The Atlantic County Parks web page.

*Information on COVID 19 and the Parks. Effective as of April 8, 2020, Atlantic County Parks will remain closed until further notice, as per Governor Murphy’s Executive Order*

kjarrett

Can confirm. Trails are in really good shape. Recent clearing work is quite evident. Many thanks to all involved.

Was crazy buggy though, I'd stop for a drink or to try and grab a pic and would be overwhelmed by deer (?) flies. Pulled a tick off my leg in the car, he was having a nice snack, hope he enjoyed his last meal. My Permethrin coated socks and shorts helped but I really need to start using tick spray (Repel Tick Defense Aerosol Spray is what I'm planning to use.)

pibbles

Rode estelle today cuz been awhile...looks to be in good shape, one logover got some help tighting up some loose logs being used as help, cut off one end of downed tree to allow mower room to get around. That KATANABOY 650 will undoubtedly replace my axe for much of this stuff.

tankhead

I ride there all the time from where I live. Dirt trail from walkers forge road behind “The Oaks at Weymouth” down to 16th street cross over Rt 50 and I’m on trail. The ride there plus one lap and home is usually right under 10 miles. Love that place.
I have a great +20 mile off road loop that includes most of Estelle in it plus wildlife management and maple lake.

Last edited:

Old&Slow

Rode Estell Manor trails yesterday, Monday, 2/27. What an excellent job of clearing the trails and opening things up. It hasn't been this nice in years. Thank you, thank you, thank you! I am 6'9" and for the first time, did not have to duck, and nothing him my head. Thank you!

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions