Water Company Trails Conditions

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
zipper broken doe, 2 of my jersey should be tossed but i dont have anything else to wear
I knew there had to be a reason. If you could grow a beard, I think you could pull off the cut offs and no shirt look

Mountain Bike Mike

One big tree fell on yellow (close to the lake) and took five other big trees with it.. pretty awesome to see them all down.. would've love to see it live

Trails don't have any standing water but plenty of mush, ruts and mud pits where the standing water usually sits.. this place needs more time to dry out...

E7D02030-DCEB-4B6D-A33E-10367F56B084_zps8c4jx7a0.jpg

90ED0B34-CF5D-4540-A5EC-23EDA5D55ADF_zpskas1eoda.jpg

62A88BB9-F6FD-4AE1-A5FA-A2EC04DDA882_zpsznkupa3f.jpg

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
I'm thinking wet but anyone got an update? Thinking about early tomorrow...

I was just out this morning :D

we turned around on the southern loop - was way too wet to ride.
The north loop had some wet areas, but mostly good. Couple spots were very soft.
Weird thing is, some of the trails - especially leading in - were wet, but felt like they had solid bottoms. :eek:
maybe i should reword that.

anyway, could use a few more days - the D&R path out the lot was decent (descent!) - again, where the streams cross the trail, they were soft, but not horrible.

Last edited:

michael.su

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
I was just out this morning :D

we turned around on the southern loop - was way too wet to ride.
The north loop had some wet areas, but mostly good. Couple spots were very soft.
Weird thing is, some of the trails - especially leading in - were wet, but felt like they had solid bottoms. :eek:
maybe i should reword that.

anyway, could use a few more days - the D&R path out the lot was decent - again, where the streams cross the trail, they were soft, but not horrible.
Thanks for the update! :p
I don't think anyone minds you posting about solid bottoms. :D

J-Dro

Trails are firming up nicely but damn those pricker bushes are taking over. My shins got a bit scratched up today.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Frozen ruts and frost heave. But enough rocks to ride on. A few branches down. I'd say 3 out of 4.
Mind that we did get 1/2" of rain yesterday so I would have to imagine the top part is pretty wet.

capedoc

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Stay away. Walked the yellow trail over the weekend from 518. Place is a disaster. Standing water everywhere and a number of big trees down.

When the ground drys out, the tree clearing fareys will come in and take care of the big stuff. For now, find somewhere else to ride.

rosceaux

Stay away. Walked the yellow trail over the weekend from 518. Place is a disaster. Standing water everywhere and a number of big trees down.

When the ground drys out, the tree clearing fareys will come in and take care of the big stuff. For now, find somewhere else to ride.

I was getting stoked to ride this weekend, so I went on a run to reconnoiter this afternoon. Still very wet - especially high on the red loop, but lots of mud throughout. Its clear that there are recent ruts throughout, but it takes a long, long time for this place to dry out. Give it a chance, please.

-YETI-

Any thoughts on current conditions? It's been dry as of late so hoping it's finally good...

rosceaux

Usually similar conditions to the sourlands. I'd say rideable but expect some mud

I went for a run again yesterday (5/6) and did yellow and red. Red was mostly dry with a couple of short muddy section. The top of red, which was a slough a few weeks ago, was mostly doable. There are a number of short muddy sections scattered throughout.

Yellow was in much worse shape, There is a section before the split that is about 200 yards of muck that has been widened by lots of ruts. I did a root-by-root walk around. There are also a number of other sections that are muddy and pretty well rutted up. I'm hoping that this week's weather will do the place good, but it may be the slowest location in our area to dry out fully.

The section of blue between the bridge and the farmhouse on Rock Road is pretty overgrown and thorny at the moment.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
I went for a run again yesterday (5/6) and did yellow and red. Red was mostly dry with a couple of short muddy section. The top of red, which was a slough a few weeks ago, was mostly doable. There are a number of short muddy sections scattered throughout.

Yellow was in much worse shape, There is a section before the split that is about 200 yards of muck that has been widened by lots of ruts. I did a root-by-root walk around. There are also a number of other sections that are muddy and pretty well rutted up. I'm hoping that this week's weather will do the place good, but it may be the slowest location in our area to dry out fully.

The section of blue between the bridge and the farmhouse on Rock Road is pretty overgrown and thorny at the moment.
Sounds like it will be ok in June

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions