What have you done to your bike today?

qclabrat

interesting that when I try to pump it up it doesn't want to tale air. Almost seems like something is locked

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
new project to replace the Lenz Leviathan, carbon wheels coming tomorrow but will be converting a set of Stans to 142.
Bike looks like it was ridden once or twice then left to get dusty for a year or two. I'll post a finished photo tomorrow.

the reverb dropper appears to be locked down. How do I get it to rebound?
View attachment 52513
Welcome to the 21st century of bicycles.:p

Last time we talked you said you're not riding. Good to see you pick up a nice toy and get back at it!

Did you use a shock or floor punch to pump up the Reverb? They take like 250psi I think but try to look it up.

qclabrat

still no joy from the dropper last night. When I get the wheels on today, I'll give it a good yank, if no go then check the air again and lastly a bleed which I hope isn't necessary as I don't have the kit. I'll be sad if the bike doesn't get out this weekend

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
still no joy from the dropper last night. When I get the wheels on today, I'll give it a good yank, if no go then check the air again and lastly a bleed which I hope isn't necessary as I don't have the kit. I'll be sad if the bike doesn't get out this weekend

Walt, I happen to still have the one that came with my now tossed 1st gen Reverb. It's yours if you want it.
IMG_0348.JPG

qclabrat

rise 60 wheels came in today, like the bike they are in mint condition, no signs of scratches or chips. Good news is that the dropper is resolved. It took a good tug to get it up.

need to figure the best way to route cable though? and the cockpit really sucks, heavy DH stuff is too damn heavy for a trail bike as well as too matchy matchy. same goes for the pedals, they are heavier than any other flats I own.

oh yeah, those tires need to go
WP_20170526_17_29_11_Pro.jpg
WP_20170526_17_29_29_Pro.jpg
WP_20170526_17_29_52_Pro.jpg
WP_20170526_17_30_15_Pro.jpg

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
rise 60 wheels came in today, like the bike they are in mint condition, no signs of scratches or chips. Good news is that the dropper is resolved. It took a good tug to get it up.

need to figure the best way to route cable though? and the cockpit really sucks, heavy DH stuff is too damn heavy for a trail bike as well as too matchy matchy. same goes for the pedals, they are heavier than any other flats I own.

View attachment 52542 View attachment 52543 View attachment 52544 View attachment 52545

Holy 1990's stem!!!!!

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's

View attachment 52542 View attachment 52543 View attachment 52544 View attachment 52545
Tugging the seat up can introduce air into the system. Always use the lever to raise it. Might as well bleed it now cause why not.

With a shorter stem, the dropper hose should be long enough to properly be mounted to the tabs on the right and account hose shrinkage or growth with raising and dropping. There are some nice seat clamps with hose holders available as well. I think Promax makes a cheap that I have.

The right chainstay is hollow to hold your derailleur housing unless the older Bandit was not designed the same way.

qclabrat

Tugging the seat up can introduce air into the system. Always use the lever to raise it. Might as well bleed it now cause why not.

With a shorter stem, the dropper hose should be long enough to properly be mounted to the tabs on the right and account hose shrinkage or growth with raising and dropping. There are some nice seat clamps with hose holders available as well. I think Promax makes a cheap that I have.

The right chainstay is hollow to hold your derailleur housing unless the older Bandit was not designed the same way.
thanks for confirming the rear shift housing, looks correct based on web pics. also agree with right top tube for dropped cable, but if you see the pic below the bike came with it snaked in between the shock and frame by the pivot. that seems like potential rubbing on the stanion and less cable freedom from the post going up and down
WP_20170526_17_30_15_Pro.jpg

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
thanks for confirming the rear shift housing, looks correct based on web pics. also agree with right top tube for dropped cable, but if you see the pic below the bike came with it snaked in between the shock and frame by the pivot. that seems like potential rubbing on the stanion and less cable freedom from the post going up and down
View attachment 52606
Yeah, that's the worst thing you want it to rub on. I can't find any pics from when I had a dropper on mine, which was literally just for the Moab trip, but I just had the hose hang to the right of the frame through the clamp pictured below, and clipped it to the guides on the right. Had the lever on the left hand.
153710.jpg

hotsauce

OK, I ordered the parts. Will set it up when everything arrives. Can't wait to start pulling out big Stanimal boogers. If everything goes well with the road setup, I'll likely do it for cross too.
Ok I just failed at road tubeless. Both front and rear, I couldn't get the beads to seat. The tire stays in the center channel and just doesn't budge. I even went out and bought a Bontrager Flash Charger that has a reservoir to build up pressure and it didn't help in the least. Google is failing me on a solution too.

I'm running Schwalbe Pro One Tubeless on Pacenti SL23/Forza rims.

Help!!?

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
Ok I just failed at road tubeless. Both front and rear, I couldn't get the beads to seat. The tire stays in the center channel and just doesn't budge. I even went out and bought a Bontrager Flash Charger that has a reservoir to build up pressure and it didn't help in the least. Google is failing me on a solution too.

I'm running Schwalbe Pro One Tubeless on Pacenti SL23/Forza rims.

Help!!?

Road tubeless.... I feel ya. This works for me. Spray soapy water on the inside of the tire and all over the inside of the rim. Then fully mount the tire paying special attention to the valve stem. Then use a spare tube on the outside of the tire to apply even downward tension to give the air the best chance of seating the tire. And of course, remove the valve core. Give it a blast of air and pray for the "ping". It's that first massive rush of air that's key.

Good luck.

Top Bottom