Sram xo1 gxp crank install fail

THATmanMANNY

Okay. What is going on?

So It's a 73mm BB and I didn't think I needed to install the spacers but installed new bottom bracket with spacers. Seem to fit better. But the crank won't move and grinds on the bottom bracket cup where my finger is. There seems to be more room I need to space out because there is still left and right play (sliding) when pushing/pulling center of crankset.

WHY?
Something with my crank?

Pretty dumb right now

Last edited:

THATmanMANNY

No Spacers and it looks like it sticks out too much so I installed the spacers.
IMG_3360.JPG
IMG_3368.JPG

GRINDING WHERE MY FINGER IS. It looks like the torq bolts of spider is rubbing the BB cup.

Last edited:

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
73mm BB? I think Shimano says one spacer on drive side for 73. Two on drive, one on non-drive for 68mm. If SRAM is any similar that is.

Aresab310

formerly RSabarese
This actually is normal and my experience too, there are a couple of threads mtbr.com if prefer to search. Here is an excerpt of one:

"The spindle bottoms out on the inside of the non-driveside bearing on GXP systems, so the drive-side crank doesn't need to touch the BB. You can put a 2.5 mm spacer in if ya want, but it doesn't make a difference. Shouldn't be any play unless your non-driveside arm isn't tight enough or your BB is worn out.

Why are they like this? So they work with e-type derailleurs on 73mm shells.

jdgang

Yes there is suppose to be a gap on the drive side. that fucked with me for both of my bikes with a GXP BB. I wouldnt tighten the hell out the crank arm bolt. This cause my drive side bearing to start getting crunchy only after a few months.

Top Bottom