qclabrat

Didn't end up riding this morning because of the rain and I didn't sleep until late last night.

@qclabrat, you think CR will be good for tomorrow?

@Chris Nordt, did you make it out to Nassau?
you should be good, when you planning to ride?
I might go out for an hour, didn't get out yesterday either, my allergies are on overdrive and hacking the greenies

tommyjay

Not-So-Venerable Asshat
I will be doing dawn patrol at 6 mile tomorrow morning at 6 AM. If anyone is stupid enough to get up that early, company is welcome.

Bonus: the six mile traffic jam doesn't typically start until 9ish.

Kangdoy

lots of people in CR today, rolled by at 9 to say hi

rear derailleur got f'd up on orange, going to limp back to newmans

Just got back. Yeah, a lot of hikers and people walking their dogs this morning. Ah, that's no fun man. Hopefully the trek back to Newmans wasn't too far.

Thinking my left forearm may have quickly brushed up against some poison ivy...or something. Noticed a bunch of small, red bumps on the drive home. Took a shower right away and applied some sterile cream. Seems to be going down now.

Chris Nordt

Didn't end up making it out Saturday, baby had me and my wife up late and I was just too tired to get out of bed. I hit 6 Mile Sunday morning, but got about a mile in and my camelbak bladder sprung a leak. Had to turn back, wasn't about to tackle 6 Mile with out any water. Hopefully this rain doesn't last all week and I can tackle 6 Mile again lol.

qclabrat

Didn't end up making it out Saturday, baby had me and my wife up late and I was just too tired to get out of bed. I hit 6 Mile Sunday morning, but got about a mile in and my camelbak bladder sprung a leak. Had to turn back, wasn't about to tackle 6 Mile with out any water. Hopefully this rain doesn't last all week and I can tackle 6 Mile again lol.
why don't you have some gorilla tape in your bag? don't leave home without it...

Kangdoy

Dang babies ruining your fun lol!

Gorilla Tape or duct tape! Or maybe a spare Camelbak.

So far, looks like it's going to rain tomorrow and possibly Thursday.

qclabrat

Dang babies ruining your fun lol!

Gorilla Tape or duct tape! Or maybe a spare Camelbak.

So far, looks like it's going to rain tomorrow and possibly Thursday.

I always keep extra bottles of water in the car, worst case ditch the bladder and toss the bottles in the pack
btw: it was only 60 degrees on Sunday morning, you could have survived the 6MR loop and gone to 7-11 afterwards, just sayin'... ;)

Chris Nordt

Yeah, I had used my duct tape a few days ago so it was in my garage. I thought about it, but I didn't hydrate enough saturday to attempt that ride with out water. Oh well, at least I got about 2 1/2 miles in, that's like doing Cheesequake haha.

qclabrat

I attempted RV last year. Ended up turning around and drove to Six Mile lol!
how far did you get?
you can limit the pain by rolling through the scout camp and after that its pretty nice. That's coming from the scuba lot. From Cushetunk it's rough, first is that hill that almost no one can clear then there's Puke Hill which is a long sustained up hill and I have not come close to finishing. @Norm was doing some nice reroutes last year and hope there's going to be more work there this year

Kangdoy

how far did you get?
you can limit the pain by rolling through the scout camp and after that its pretty nice. That's coming from the scuba lot. From Cushetunk it's rough, first is that hill that almost no one can clear then there's Puke Hill which is a long sustained up hill and I have not come close to finishing. @Norm was doing some nice reroutes last year and hope there's going to be more work there this year

I started at the Cushetunk lot. I think the other lots you have to pay? Or one of them was closed...?

qclabrat

I started at the Cushetunk lot. I think the other lots you have to pay? Or one of them was closed...?
pay only in season like most state parks, from Memorial day to Labor day. I'm going to try an alternate route Norm told me about around back by going by the power lines. @fidodie do you know where that is?

Kangdoy

pay only in season like most state parks, from Memorial day to Labor day. I'm going to try an alternate route Norm told me about around back by going by the power lines. @fidodie do you know where that is?

If you find an easier route, let me know. I'll join, if that's cool.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member

https://goo.gl/maps/A7oY7A5414q

there is a fence, but it is only across the road. park at cornhusker field at dreahook and rt 523 (readington?) - ride in from there.

BTW - even tho it is a road - round valley road to the back gate is solid climb - the path goes around the fence on the high side.
once inside the gate, turn left onto the trail to head towards switchbacks, or right to head back towards cush. if you got to the payphone, you went to far.
the trails are tough - but there is a low side bailout along the campground road, or ride the beach - fatbike not required at this time. about 100' of shoreline exposed right now.

I do not endorse this - but if you do, please respect the park, and do not approach the swim beach or use the bathrooms.

It would be nice if our jorba membership could be used to buy a discounted park pass.

Cushetunk is a tough climb - and now part of the toughest trail climb in NJ -
when it is dry - parking at pickell park, and riding into cush is a nice way to start - then loop back on round valley road.
recommend ignoring the cush blue trail that goes up the backside of the hill.
here is all of cush - https://www.strava.com/activities/623979486

https://www.strava.com/activities/809687240 - i park at pickell, ride through cush, out the back gate and down to the round mountain trails, then back via road.
the power lines at round valley look to be private property - even tho the road clearly connects to the paths. i haven't chanced it yet.

these are tough trails with tough climbs. Be mentally prepared to walk, and embrace it. challenge everyone to go just a bit farther.
the good is very good!!!

qclabrat

thanks
https://goo.gl/maps/A7oY7A5414q

there is a fence, but it is only across the road. park at cornhusker field at dreahook and rt 523 (readington?) - ride in from there.

BTW - even tho it is a road - round valley road to the back gate is solid climb - the path goes around the fence on the high side.
once inside the gate, turn left onto the trail to head towards switchbacks, or right to head back towards cush. if you got to the payphone, you went to far.
the trails are tough - but there is a low side bailout along the campground road, or ride the beach - fatbike not required at this time. about 100' of shoreline exposed right now.

I do not endorse this - but if you do, please respect the park, and do not approach the swim beach or use the bathrooms.

It would be nice if our jorba membership could be used to buy a discounted park pass.

Cushetunk is a tough climb - and now part of the toughest trail climb in NJ -
when it is dry - parking at pickell park, and riding into cush is a nice way to start - then loop back on round valley road.
recommend ignoring the cush blue trail that goes up the backside of the hill.
here is all of cush - https://www.strava.com/activities/623979486

https://www.strava.com/activities/809687240 - i park at pickell, ride through cush, out the back gate and down to the round mountain trails, then back via road.
the power lines at round valley look to be private property - even tho the road clearly connects to the paths. i haven't chanced it yet.

these are tough trails with tough climbs. Be mentally prepared to walk, and embrace it. challenge everyone to go just a bit farther.
the good is very good!!!
thanks Pat, 90% of the time I drop my kids off to go fishing then ride for 2 hrs, which is all the time they have patience for or have lost every lure or bait

Top Bottom