Sourlands Mountain Preserve Conditions

rick81721

Lothar
Pretty much completely dried out but tomorrow will put the kibosh on that. Ranger Dave said he was gonna clear the downed trees yesterday, guess he got tied up. None cleared :( This one is a pita to even climb over

18252753_1480296021991363_2628289139249774592_n.jpg

rick81721

Lothar
I think someone is secretly watering the trails. There was virtually no difference between today and 3 days ago. Very strange

daytona

Rode this morning or should I say carry bike around mud puddles. Lower boardwalk section has many mud puddles. The pipeline is a tick infested mess. Three amigos was dry and except for 2 downed trees was ridable. The springs must be full.

blackburn1973

Got out yesterday and conditions were pretty good. Say 3.5, and would be 4.0 were it not for a couple mud puddles lower down that hadn't dried out (but no standing water in/around them). Top trails were solid. Don't know how long that's going to last, though, as seems like we've got rain today and tomorrow.

J-Dro

I rode here tonight. We baled on the lower trails since they are really soft and were clogging up the tire knobbies, which makes the rocks zero fun . So we headed straight up the pipeline to the upper trails and they are fine.

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
Rained most of the morning so it was pretty muddy walking through for the TM session. Sun came out around 11 and as long as it doesn't rain anymore, upper trails may be good for tomorrow afternoon.

rick81721

Lothar
Solid 3.5 - remaining mud spots are rapidly drying out. But none of the big trees down in white have been cut out yet - I counted 5 today (there's a new one on white between markers 10 and 9). One good thing about 90+ degree heat is it keeps the hoards of hikers away on the weekends

Dingo

We road Saturday, first time this year. A lot of trees down, the double one on the rideable bolder up top was annoying.

Surprised how much more the roots are exposed on the lower trails, anyone notice that?

rick81721

Lothar
Surprised how much more the roots are exposed on the lower trails, anyone notice that?

Gradually getting worse as the dirt erodes away, I guess. And yes that tree on the big rock on top is annoying, almost took my head off ducking under it yesterday

rick81721

Lothar
Finally a 4.0 - and possibly a plus when (if) the downed trees get cut out. I heard rangers were supposed to be here today to clear trees but when I got to the lot around 1:30 saw nothing and the trees on the bottom still there. I hit my nemesis around 2:30 - still there:

19120918_434257146956500_5496950074590101504_n.jpg

Then as I ride off I hear chainsaws - they were at the next tree east of this one and cutting it out. I let them know where the big one is. Further down I pass 2 more rangers hiking, and then a chainsaw sitting by a small downed tree that can be ridden over just after the pipeline. On top are the ranger trucks

19051442_1460583107345765_8893287994677526528_n.jpg

I continue on white, then take entire red trail west to roaring rocks. Coming back up, I figure the huge tree should be gone but nope, still there. The rangers are driving down the pipeline and leave. Looks like they only took out 2 trees from pipeline to marker 6. Didn't check the bottom but doubt they got to them, hopefully they come back tomorrow and finish.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions