Mercer County Park Conditions

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Marina side is mostly good with some random slick / wet spots / puddles. I removed a few blow downs and one big vine tangle. Rode by a few more blow downs. There are a couple of blow downs with leaf cover that have the trunk sticking out just waiting to eat a wheel, so pay attention. Other wise it is about as hero dirtish as Mercer gets.

Last edited:

TAS

Presumably primo by now? Might hit early am before it gets too hot. North of rowing center still a no-go?
Blue north of the power lines should be fine.
Last time I rode (this past Fri) it's getting tight here & there (thorns and Autumn berry) but perfectly rideable.
The trail head off North post road is still a bit messy but stay in-between the ruts and you will be fine. The big puddle looks terrible but has a hard bottom.
The only section in doubt is the red loop east of the east picnic area.

TAS

rick81721

Lothar
Blue north of the power lines should be fine.
Last time I rode (this past Fri) it's getting tight here & there (thorns and Autumn berry) but perfectly rideable.
The trail head off North post road is still a bit messy but stay in-between the ruts and you will be fine. The big puddle looks terrible but has a hard bottom.
The only section in doubt is the red loop east of the east picnic area.

TAS

Spot on. Right off the bat I got cat clawed by a wild rose starting from west picnic (snapped it off on the way back). Somewhere on that side I sunk into that one mud pit, it was pretty bad but the only one there. Didn't venture to s. Post rd

viper8315

Anyone have a conditions report from today? Thinking about heading over after work instead of the Core Creek ride...

michael.su

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Anyone have a conditions report from today? Thinking about heading over after work instead of the Core Creek ride...
I would have to say WET, though I haven't been there today either. It's raining at my house right now...

viper8315

Well, thanks for the responses guys, I did end up getting in a short, but sweet ride over at Mercer. I started at the volleyball courts at the marina and just did the western part of the park. There were a few soft spots at first, but conditions were actually good over in the van nest section. Definitely getting a bit tired of all this dreary weather. Looks like tomorrow is supposed to be nice and sunny. I have my fingers crossed.

rick81721

Lothar
Still needs a day or two to dry out. Some very slick sections even around west picnic. I skidded off trail twice, once had to forearm a tree to stop from hitting it with other body parts. Didn't venture near the water, around east picnic - sure it's a shit show. Also weeds are encroaching on the trail

TAS

Was out yesterday afternoon and it was fine.... The amount of rain we received last night won't do a thing.

TAS

Yeah I saw that today and 2 other downed trees, branches in the Van Nest side. We will try and get them cleared this week.
Thanks for the alert!

TAS

The big tree in Van Nest near Hughs drive / Quaker bridge road parking area has been remediated. The trail is open.
The remaining trunk section will be removed at a later date.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions