Rapha Clothing

HeavyMetaLance

I went to the Rapha store in the city last night.

It was apparent that the salesperson was used to the kind of clientele who are looking for high fashion instead of function. He kept referring to jackets that were good for riding around town and to the bars & pubs.
I kinda chuckled, and without trying to sound like a douchebag, I told him that I race & train, and that I'm looking for something along those lines. He looked relieved. Then he relaxed a little bit and said, "Oh, okay, then you want to look at these jackets instead."

After I made my jacket selection, I asked him for a dining recommendation. He asked what kind of food we're looking for. I said, "Well, I saw that the restaurant across the street has a Ferrari parked out in front of it. I'm not looking to eat there. I'm looking for something where I can eat dressed like this (pointing at my MTBNJ Stewart Six Pack t-shirt and Halter's hoodie) and still eat something good". He laughed and said that the neighborhood we were in is kinda like that Ferrari crowd.

Aside from the neighborhood, the shop itself and the salesperson were really cool.

I ended up walking out the door with the Pro Team Jacket. I'll be wearing it for the first time on today's ride.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
The pro team jacket has gotten really good reviews. I was going to warn you not to buy anything there because all of your other stuff will seem like junk now, especially the team stuff. Enjoy!

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
This could be a problem. I drank the Rapha Kool Aid, and it tastes pretty damn good.

Remember that they have free shipping over 150 and free returns at any price, which will save you some dollars over NYC tax (I'm assuming they have the same prices in the store).

BiknBen

I ended up walking out the door with the Pro Team Jacket.

The pro team jacket has gotten really good reviews. I was going to warn you not to buy anything there because all of your other stuff will seem like junk now, especially the team stuff. Enjoy!

I also have the pro team jacket. That thing is the bomb. Weather resistant front, breathable back. I can wear very little under it and be fine below freezing.

I may have to visit that store. Some of the Rapha styles/colors don't do it for me but the fit of some items are the best I've tried on. So when looking online, I'm torn and end up not ordering. I'd like to go try some stuff on and figure it all out.

Last week, I added a Pro Team LS jersey and Merino socks to my wardrobe. The jersey fits like a glove. Awesome!

Kev, I brought that Winter Jersey into a tailor today to be altered. Just slightly too big but I can always make it smaller. ;) A spritz of SpeedClean took out the grease stains too.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Rapha summer sale going on now. Many deals to be had and still normal people sizes available. I will not be partaking given my pending baby bike doom, but the Pro Team Jacket is 50% off and many sizes and color available. That is a steal.

rick81721

Lothar
Rapha summer sale going on now. Many deals to be had and still normal people sizes available. I will not be partaking given my pending baby bike doom, but the Pro Team Jacket is 50% off and many sizes and color available. That is a steal.

What's your commission?

Seriously, how do the jerseys fit? I usually take a large. Might spring for one or two

capedoc

Team MTBNJ Halter's

Kevin likes to buy Rapha clothing cheap then resell EBay for double what he paid for it. True story bro.

rick81721

Lothar
That the same color/style I bought for $125 and sold for $350 on eBay

Care question - my white lightweight jersey is getting yellow stains in the pits. Any ideas on how to remove? I've read about vinegar but before trying anything harsh, figured would try here first.

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
Care question - my white lightweight jersey is getting yellow stains in the pits. Any ideas on how to remove? I've read about vinegar but before trying anything harsh, figured would try here first.

Once Walmart has these. just go exchange it for a new on. They'll resell it no problem.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
My supe r lightweight one has white trim that got stained from my spray tan. Nothing I tried was successful in getting it out.

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
fireplace-animated-gif-3.gif

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
@rick81721 get a toothbrush, some detergent, and some spray oxyclean. spray the oxyclean on the area, dip the toothbrush in detergent. scrub the area a little bit to work the detergent and oxyclean in. throw it in the washer with the regular wash after letting it sit for about 5 minutes - don't let it dry!

shizz will come out brandy new. oxyclean works for real.

rick81721

Lothar
My supe r lightweight one has white trim that got stained from my spray tan. Nothing I tried was successful in getting it out.

Jeeze you'd think there would be something on the website about this. I guess terrible-teeth brits don't worry about stains - too bad Rapha isn't Italian!

Top Bottom