High Mountain Conditions

Anybody been out the past few days? Wondering how ride-able it might be for maybe Wed or Thu. There is no intel on the Trail Conditions widget...which may mean nobody is riding. Any info appreciated.

Anybody been out the past few days? Wondering how ride-able it might be for maybe Wed or Thu. There is no intel on the Trail Conditions widget...which may mean nobody is riding. Any info appreciated.

A High Mountain local rode there yesterday afternoon and had this to say (stolen from his Strava):
"Conditions were very different than I thought it would be. Crusty icy very frozen. I figured it would be soft and mushy as it was above 32 all day... as long as I rode in the track that we packed down last weekend it was pretty smooth and fast with just enough slipping on the icy crust to keep it interesting."

I would suspect it will be bad when it warms up, but it sounds promising otherwise.

I rode here on Monday afternoon and by that time virtually all snow was gone and trails were in great shape, mostly dry with no soggy muck. I, however, was not in great shape. That's what a few months sitting on the couch will do.
I saw plenty of tracks but no bikers. I stayed high and didn't venture down into any low lying areas.

Was convinced to get out and ride at High Mountain today. Made first tracks on most of the trails we were on. Some of the trails we hit included Twisty Deer, Jack's and Ancients. Conditions were very good. 1 to 3 inches of snow. Was cold so traction remained good even with the B fat set up. Only pic I took:

IMG_2080.JPG

Now I am sad... was looking forward to getting back to HM next weekend but doesn't look like that will be possible

I was there hiking today. The blazed trails were flooded as usual. Ancients seemed to be well drained. Just stay on the higher trails and it will likely be fine. The singletrack at HM usually only needs one day to drain.

Right on, thanks!

Anybody can give a recommendation to ride this place, will be first time here, I'm planning to do the trail counter-clockwise starting on red then taking yellow, from there just keep going, just want to make sure is is OK to do it counter clockwise

Anybody can give a recommendation to ride this place, will be first time here, I'm planning to do the trail counter-clockwise starting on red then taking yellow, from there just keep going, just want to make sure is is OK to do it counter clockwise

Download maprika and stay off the marked trails. They're boring.

The colored trails should be a swampy mess.
Stick to the unmarked trails.

Super dry, almost dusty yesterday 6/29. Could use a little rain. Awesome ride though. Trails are looking well maintained. Liking this place more and more.

Did Circle Switch -> Jacks -> Ancients tonight and it was super dry. This rain should actually help. Leaf cover was an issue, lost the trail multiple times.

Also, i think there were a few trees down way at the end of my ride like on the white/yellow doubletrack almost at the circle. I coulda been off-trail though, it was very dark by that point.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions