Reviving CheeseQuake trail

Richard

Alrighty! thank you so much MikeyBikey2000 for the info!

Hope to see you guys soon so I can bug (beg) you guys to teach me how to ROCK IT!!! =)

walter

Fourth Party
I just got home from my run at cheesequake on the multi purpose trail. I hit the entire thing and even though it marked as a 3 mile trail, my garmin came up with 2.2 miles. If you ride here, you're going to find about a dozen or so log overs, some better constructed than others. There are about 4 bridges, 2 are useless. Close to the commuter lot, there is a cluster of trees that fell over. I'm a pretty limber guy and to walk under it was a chore, so a dismount is needed. If we get this storm, I'd imagine more downed trees and crappier conditions.

Chris Nordt

I have read some info around, like going there and park at the office then ride all the way to the trail or may be going after 4pm.. but anyways, can you suggest any other good trail spots nearby other than CQ? I am just a newbie with biking.. but I am thrilled and excited to learn more about it.

The trail at CQ could definitely use some updating, but it's not the worst I've been on. There are a few short off-shoots from the main trail, including one massive uphill (or down, depends which direction you take). I gave up parking inside the park, between having to pay and being kicked out if you are there too late it's not worth it. It's much simpler to park in the park n' ride lot by the parkway exit, you have instant access to the trail, don't have to pay to get in, and don't have to worry about being there past close and possibly being locked in. I did that all last summer and never had an issue. If you want a better trail with out having to travel too far, we are fairly close to Harthshorn and Huber woods. They both have several miles worth of trails you can potentially get lost in, and I wouldn't suggest Harthshorn till you have a few rides under your belt and have the legs for the hills you are going to run in to. Huber is going to be less hilly, but still plenty technical for an enjoyable ride and both parks are maintained a whole lot more then CQ. Now we just need all this snow to go away!

ReverendNewman

okay so CQ has about 5-6 miles on decent riding . I have spoke to the park several times about revamping the bike trails , to make it simple they just don't have the man power. let me bring you up to speed , Quake has a lot of quick decents followed by quick , steep climbs , some average log overs along the way just enuff to keep you LEARNING!! Recently some newbie went in there and removed every single obstacle or object of fun. So I have decided to revamp these trails on my own (I am accepting help ...hahahaha) , im planning on staging it like 6mile with obstacles/challenges parrell to the trail itself . I have already begun carving some new lines ,on the trail by the dog pens . if theres anyone who rides there that would like to offer support or ideas , please pm me , my goals is to make this a great after work spot to perfect your skills or just get a lil cardio burn . so please feel free to throw suggestions , I will be posting here as progress is being made .. thanks
Just make sure u have options to go around the obstacles. LOL:p

ReverendNewman

okay so CQ has about 5-6 miles on decent riding . I have spoke to the park several times about revamping the bike trails , to make it simple they just don't have the man power. let me bring you up to speed , Quake has a lot of quick decents followed by quick , steep climbs , some average log overs along the way just enuff to keep you LEARNING!! Recently some newbie went in there and removed every single obstacle or object of fun. So I have decided to revamp these trails on my own (I am accepting help ...hahahaha) , im planning on staging it like 6mile with obstacles/challenges parrell to the trail itself . I have already begun carving some new lines ,on the trail by the dog pens . if theres anyone who rides there that would like to offer support or ideas , please pm me , my goals is to make this a great after work spot to perfect your skills or just get a lil cardio burn . so please feel free to throw suggestions , I will be posting here as progress is being made .. thanks
Just make sure u have options to go around the obstacles. LOL
Pay to go to Cheesequack, wtf!!!! Run you're pockets suckas
U can sneak in thru the commuter parking lot by the Parkway South entrance.
:thumbsup:

Chris Nordt

Hey @Richard, if you are free tomorrow morning I was thinking about hitting Cheesequake for a quick ride before the rain hits. Let me know if you are up for a quick tour of the trail ;-)

walter

Fourth Party
Still messy?? Ugh, nevermind lol

There is still snow on some of the ridges. I ran the fire road up on ferrys point and that was still damp. If you're close, use your own discretion, but if you have to take a drive here I'd skip it.

Richard

Hey @Richard, if you are free tomorrow morning I was thinking about hitting Cheesequake for a quick ride before the rain hits. Let me know if you are up for a quick tour of the trail ;-)
Hey @Chris Nordt, sorry wasnt able to see the messages sooner, were you able to go to CQ saturday? things have been kind of a bit busy right now.. so I dont know if I will be able to join rides, we at least not earlier than summer.. but we may not know if time permits heh.. just keep us posted here so in case.
Hey @walter, you live nearby CQ?

Chris Nordt

No problem, I didn't end up going. Not worth it until it dries out, especially with that terrain. Once we start getting a few more consecutive days of warmth and sunshine we should be good to go.

walter

Fourth Party
No problem, I didn't end up going. Not worth it until it dries out, especially with that terrain.

Yeah, I wiped out running last week, and as I was coming through right before you cross over the paved road there was a woman who was covered in more mud than me. Apparently her wipe out wasn't as graceful as mine.

Richard

Wow.. I would still want to ride my bike better than running though.. I have an issue with my knees being too weak to run.. i think I may need to make my inner thighs stronger heh

Would really like to have a adventure with my bike.. a little exercise and fun

Top Bottom