Dickerson Mine Preserve Conditions

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
pretty damn glorious right now. mostly groomed trail and magic snow with few spots of frozen/mostly dry...but there are a couple wet/muddy spots. ran 2 psi this morning and it was perfect. hurry up and get there.

bonefishjake

Team MTBNJ Halter's
given the amount of water pooled and flowing down the mountain on the main trail coming out the sandpits, i fully expected the trails to be complete slop. pretty shocked they weren't...even new white was in good shape. the only issue is the trail on the other side of the stream which has a few wet spots and as of this writing, a small stream flowing across it after entrance/exit back to white.

Jason

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
given the amount of water pooled and flowing down the mountain on the main trail coming out the sandpits, i fully expected the trails to be complete slop. pretty shocked they weren't...even new white was in good shape. the only issue is the trail on the other side of the stream which has a few wet spots and as of this writing, a small stream flowing across it after entrance/exit back to white.

I opened up the first stream crossing the other day and we are working on two new bridges, a few grade reversals and a small reroute section by the small apocalyptic section of that same section.

bonefishjake

Team MTBNJ Halter's
@Jason was back there again today...much drier and seriously amazed that new section of white is in the condition it is. great work over there!!

a few grade reversals and a small reroute section by the small apocalyptic section of that same section.

um, WUT? :D

jpn

Thank you Jason or whoever did the leaf blowing.

Was there yesterday and tonight @7.

Ran into the dirt biker. Saw this guy a few times last year on a real quiet green dirt bike. Tonight he was riding a new white/orange KT 350. This one is quiet too. I blocked the trail with my bike and he came up to me real slow. I told him he was riding Illegally. He feigned ignorance and rode off. Pretty sure it is same guy as I saw last year. He left tire tracks all over blue and white.

It is illegal to ride quads or dirt bikes in here right?

It's not really posted with signs, but I thought it was illegal to ride anything motorized on any public or park land.

Anyway, love the trails in here. Working up courage (and hopefully skills!) to try Orange soon.

mtbiker38

Thank you Jason or whoever did the leaf blowing.

Was there yesterday and tonight @7.

Ran into the dirt biker. Saw this guy a few times last year on a real quiet green dirt bike. Tonight he was riding a new white/orange KT 350. This one is quiet too. I blocked the trail with my bike and he came up to me real slow. I told him he was riding Illegally. He feigned ignorance and rode off. Pretty sure it is same guy as I saw last year. He left tire tracks all over blue and white.

It is illegal to ride quads or dirt bikes in here right?

It's not really posted with signs, but I thought it was illegal to ride anything motorized on any public or park land.

Anyway, love the trails in here. Working up courage (and hopefully skills!) to try Orange soon.
There's usually 2 of them riding. I always see them in there.

ebarker9

For anyone wondering, parking on the road to the mulch site is apparently a no-go. I took the lack of "no parking" etc signs to indicate that it wasn't an issue, but I arrived back to my car today with a message indicating I'd be towed the next time I parked there. Whoops.

Jason

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
For anyone wondering, parking on the road to the mulch site is apparently a no-go. I took the lack of "no parking" etc signs to indicate that it wasn't an issue, but I arrived back to my car today with a message indicating I'd be towed the next time I parked there. Whoops.
Yeah, the gate is only open because a tree fell on it. That access road is typically only open Saturday morning and Wednesday evening to access the mulch site.

bonefishjake

Team MTBNJ Halter's
For those of you looking to steal @UtahJoe KOM, the connector on the Roxbury side from the Black River Parking area to Dickerson Mine has been cleaned up. I was tired of getting hit in the face. :D

axcxnj

Hipster Keys
just a PSA/FYI here,

On August 19th there will be a SwimRun race at Dickerson Mine. Some of The trails will be marked and taped. The event should be done by noon The trails wont be closed, but if you have to ride there in the morning that day, please be aware that there will be people running on the trails. If you save your ride until the afternoon, you will probably have a better time =]

Oz Von Toco

Came here for the first time today. At the bottom it was a touch damp but no puddles or real mud, lots of bugs. Cool collection of trails. Like the huge rocks you can ride right over! Really underrated, kinda like a smoother yellow/orange at CR. I imagine after the rain it will be pretty muddy haha. Anyone else ride here regularly? I think I'll be back soon

xc62701

Came here for the first time today. At the bottom it was a touch damp but no puddles or real mud, lots of bugs. Cool collection of trails. Like the huge rocks you can ride right over! Really underrated, kinda like a smoother yellow/orange at CR. I imagine after the rain it will be pretty muddy haha. Anyone else ride here regularly? I think I'll be back soon
It's one of my local spots. It drains very well after rains.

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
Super dry last night and leaves starting to come down. First time all summer where I've ridden and the creek crossing was dry.

B_Ruskie

Rode here a week ago. Was a nice set of trails. Had some difficulty with some of the trail markers, and rode off trail a couple of times. Definitely planning on going back soon.

jpn

I have ridden in here at least once a week 40 or so weeks a year the past two years.

I have seen one bear. Medium size on white on South side of power lines.

I see deer almost every ride.

This is from this past Saturday afternoon.

Copy KIMG0668.jpg

B_Ruskie

I have ridden in here at least once a week 40 or so weeks a year the past two years.

I have seen one bear. Medium size on white on South side of power lines.

I see deer almost every ride.

This is from this past Saturday afternoon.

View attachment 58970

There are always a lot of deer there. It kind of almost creeps me out. They just stand and look at you in this peaceful way.

It's the closest trail to me so I want to start riding there more often, but first time I went I got a little lost and went off trail into the woods. Going to have to go back and try white.

Robin

It was like someone blew the leaves off the Orange tech trail. Some frost heave on the white trail up top but otherwise conditions are good. Large tree is down/blocking trail along lake before gate/Orange trail.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions