Hell of Hunterdon 2017

Conti Hardshell 25's with tubes or Hutchinson Sector 28's tubeless? Ive been riding the tubeless with no problems but there fairly new, first time with tubeless on the road bike. Anyone with a lot of miles on those?

Last edited:
Conti Hardshell 25's with tubes or Hutchinson Sector 28's tubeless? Ive been riding the tubeless with no problems but there fairly new, first time with tubeless on the road bike. Anyone with a lot of miles on those?
I have not ridden them but it is my understand that the sector is made for rough stuff / cobbles.

Got the registration email last night and printed out the paperwork this morning. I didn't realize this thing started so late and would end so early.

I hope you guys enjoy the beer because if I start at 9 AM there is no way in hell I'll be finished before 5 PM. I am now reminded of why I stopped doing organized road rides. :(

Got the registration email last night and printed out the paperwork this morning. I didn't realize this thing started so late and would end so early.

I hope you guys enjoy the beer because if I start at 9 AM there is no way in hell I'll be finished before 5 PM. I am now reminded of why I stopped doing organized road rides. :(

nice job on joining - just get out there and do what you can.

why did the forecast just take a hard right and now shows an 80% chance of rain?

Weather.com says PM showers.

I plan to get to registration at 7AM and will probably roll out immediately. I don't see me averaging more than 13 or so, which means I'm looking at over 6 hrs of saddle time. And they aren't calling this a race? WTF?

I plan to get to registration at 7AM and will probably roll out immediately. I don't see me averaging more than 13 or so, which means I'm looking at over 6 hrs of saddle time. And they aren't calling this a race? WTF?

on snap didnt realize you could just roll out when you want... early starts are what i like.

on snap didnt realize you could just roll out when you want... early starts are what i like.

I don't know if they really want folks to leave early, but 9 AM just seems way too late for a ride like this - at least for me in my current condition. I assume they want to give the aide stations time to set up. Of course, I'm used to doing long, self-supported rides, so the aide stations are secondary to me. Granted, even with a near 2 hr head start, fast guys will probably pass me before I reach the first station.

You can check in friday evening, that's what I'm doing. Then you can leave whenever you want, tho they probably discourage early riders

You can check in friday evening, that's what I'm doing. Then you can leave whenever you want, tho they probably discourage early riders

I've been working at our PA office in Blue Bell this week so picking up the registration packet would be difficult.

Like Ian mentioned, the aid stations wont be set up yet if you are rolling at 7 since they wouldnt be expecting people at the first station until around 10. The only station you may catch is the last one.

Don't forget to sign up for the strava kom/qom challenges - also looks like if you go friday evening you can try on the jersies - might snag one

I'll add the Strava challenge to my account, but I have no delusions of winning anything... unless there will be a DFL prize for slowest time.

DFL is really hard if you aren't slow.
did someone say DFL?
#tbt
27739_10150178273745133_4043780_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom