"Official" BIYF 2016-2017 thread

huffster

upload_2017-2-27_23-39-37.png
This week's bonus:

Week 11: 02/27/2017 to 03/05/2017 - Easy bonus week. Post a ride, and if you're a JORBA member you get a bonus point. If not, join and get your bonus. This is on the honor system, so don't lie or an angry wookie will attack you next time you ride Allaire.

This is a very timely reminder! I just did my taxes over the weekend and came across my receipt for JORBA from last year and realized I was about a month overdue on renewal. All bogged down in tax shit, I did not stop to do it then. Just did it now! See thumbnail.

thegock

2/27

2:16

https://www.strava.com/activities/882042977/segments/21476654039

A good time to my trailhead is under 20 minutes. Today, rested from a short ride weekend, it was under 18 minutes. Here's the 6fattie posing in the woods. Saw an enormous racoon waddling down the trail in front of me just after the apex of the ride.

The day never got as warm as forecast, but for February it was fine. Here's the 6fattie with the ginormous POC hangin' out.

666 IMG_20170227_135823.jpg

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
2/27 - https://www.strava.com/activities/882047562

A few months ago, I went exploring for a route through a wooded area that would cut off lots of road time on my way back from the Tourne. It was a failure, but later I saw something via satellite and street view that showed potential. I then also found something on Strava that looked like it might connect there. I went to check it out yesterday, and it's a game changer for my route back. Super exciting for me, but of no interest probably to anyone else. I also went to check out the Parsippany Rock House, which is an overhanging rock formation that was supposedly used as a shelter by native americans 3000 years ago.

I then went to explore what I suspect is a right of way for the Morris/Essex line right off route 53. It essentially goes from Powder Mill Rd near where it is a private lake community back over to route 10. There are some down trees to duck under near Powder Mill Rd, but the other side is pretty clear. The goal was to see if I could get across the tracks through a little condo community, which I can then hopefully cut through and get to Craftsman Farms. It looked promising, but I need to get back there to check it out. You can also go under 10, and there is plenty of graffiti under there. Trespassing on an active commuter line during rush hour didn't seem like that great of an idea though, and I was running out of time anyway.

IMG_2687.JPG

liong71er

now we back in business..

Day 1
I did three days overnighter starting from Sunday I just ended it today, the first day was just following the LWG trail from Verona not far from where I live it was a tad late start at 4:39am still dark and quite cold too,i took the route by following Lenape trail in Verona it passes several small urban town along the way until it ended in East Hanover at West Essex Park Conservancy

from here it now the beginning of The Patriots Path, quarter mile into the ride towards Lurker Park just before the ball fields I smelled strong skunk odors about 20ft later I found a skunk laying facing down curls up and shivering out of curiosity I check to see if I can help the poor animal, so I pull out my thermal blanket and covered the animal in hope he/she will die in comfort at the least I can do that,(i hope he/she can make it)

then afterward I continue my journey,.. thru out this ride about 70% of it was on dirt trails various from trail in Morristown to small county park trail and powerline trail also on roads but not for lengthy distance only short then pick up trail again, few times I was hike-a-bike on steep climbing powering other time there's also biking restrictions but I ignore that because I'm an ignorant jerk.
occasionally meet with hikers they are nice and cool with me being in place were I wasn't supposes to be but it is also because commons courtesy must apply at all times at all cost dealing with strangers that is how my behavior is naturally...

moving on,.
until I have finally reached allamuchy SP where I found a perfect camp spot to spend a cold feet night by the lake right off from Sussex branch trail it was almost dark but I managed to finish set up the tent just enough light to spare, and it was sleepless in the woods...
that's day one...

https://www.strava.com/activities/881116778
10:23:56 (suffer fest time)

Day 2
Monday morning at 6 am I'm wake up finding out the ground I was sleeping on was all frozen including my tent from my own perspiration, half hour latter I was ready to roll into Andover to find foods, coming out from Sussex branch trail I was at intersection 206 and Tamarack Rd at corner there's a grocery store so I went there and get a cup of coffee and water, after that get on again onto the trail headed to Andover town for breakfast, finishing my breakfast I immediately continued on to checking out The Roseville Tunnel not far from town of Andover (you can checking out the picks I took on my strata files if you interested)
after satisfied my curiosity about the Tunnel,i then headed back toward Sussex branch trail to continued on LWG towards The Delaware Water Gap
after few hours on the rail trail I'm finally made to the Gap it was around 4:35pm it is now time to look for place to rest, but,..i wasn't going to camp anymore despite my losing my blanket to poor skunk not to mention lacking of sleep made me a bit tired so I choose to sleep in a motel instead.
book in a nearest motel in Delaware Water Gap town for only $50 and I sleep like a Log after long riding like a Dog.

https://www.strava.com/activities/882088192
6:53:45 (happy time)

Day 3
on the last day of this bike packing thing, nothing special happened it was a beautiful day and I was riding on Old Mine Road the whole Route it was very quite and scenic ride only encountered 8 cars total the whole time I'm riding there, also I did stopping to checking out Millbrook Village,..
this is the fifth time riding this Historical Roads
finally arrived in port Jervis after a long 5hrs with little stopping
found a pizzerias in town and order big meal before embarking aboard train ride Home.

https://www.strava.com/activities/882889969
4:37:50 (hammering time)

that's all folks, sorry I can't provide details story of this journey!!
thanks for reading..

teabagger11

https://www.strava.com/activities/882901828/shareable_images/map_based?hl=en-US&v=1488321040
Interesting day today, SS again loving it, so I'm riding on the hunting trail a mixture of quad paths and Singletrack I had a slight up before Stonehenge and like that I'm flipping over the bars,I'm like WTF, seems a low bush must have pushed the cable end thingy into my discard brake wham (I run BB7's on all my bikes
Next odd thing, I'm on whip to check out water areas and this thing is on the trail looking at me a porcupine freaked me out he crawled into his spider hole and I went on my way
2/28
2:14:49
SS
RT Schloppy monster

Top Bottom