The Guitar Player Thread.

capedoc

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Spent the morning jamming outside on the back deck. THIS WEATHER IS AMAZING!

Im not really a bluegrass picker but I try sometimes. Flat picking ain't easy and requires a lot of precision. I do a kind of hybrid flat picking thing, since my A.D.D. won't let me stay in one place on the neck.

Facebook told me that I bought this Taylor Gee-tar 2 years ago today. So Here's the first little ditty I wrote on this box.

YEHAW!

CAPERGRASS!

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Just found these guys while dicking around on YouTube. Insanity. If you share the video on FaceWorld and Tag the band the guitar player will send you the tabs and MP3 of the song. Pretty dope. Now I has practicing to do.

capedoc

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Been working on recording quite a bit of original material on-and-off for 3 months. Ended up turning the master bedroom of my house in to a recording/music room. Can't believe Megan let me do that. She's definitely a keeper!

Been having lots of fun coming home from work and letting the juices flow.

Here's one I finished up tonight. It's 1% jazz, 49.5% funk and 49.5% rock.

https://soundcloud.com/eric-capers-...c-capers-549958383/sets/caper-home-recordings

capedoc

Team MTBNJ Halter's
You guys are all out riding your bikes and racing and having a blast and stuff. I just hang out on my couch and play guitar nowadays I guess.....

There's certainly nothing wrong with that. Hope you heal up soon.

Love this tune. Nice Taylor too!

capedoc

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Here's one from this weekend. I'm pretty sure I posted a version of this song last spring but it was likely recorded with a toaster at the time. Iv'e recently acquired a bunch of condenser mic and recording software so the sound quality is better.

I attempt piano in this one. I am not a pianist so it took me like 100 takes to get something that sounded half decent.

I bought this shirt 20 years ago from a thrift store. I was 16 at the time. It was my favorite gigging shirt for many years. Kind of became my uniform. Still fits!

Favorite Shirt

rottin'

Staff member
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Sunday morning Standard-Issue Rock & Roll.

Been playing my SG a lot this past week. Love this thing. The P90's on this thing are really lively. Loves the overdrive.

Sounded like some organ in there...was that guitar? pretty sweet. You're gonna lose your dog on tuesday...better put gps on;)

capedoc

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Sounded like some organ in there...was that guitar? pretty sweet. You're gonna lose your dog on tuesday...better put gps on;)

Yea. MIDI Wurlitzer Organ. I tend to bury the keys a little lower in the mix because I'm not that great at playing them.

I'm also using a modded flanger pedal with the rate cranked to max on one of the rythem guitars (Stratocaster). I like that effect because it mimics the sound of a Leslie Speaker. Sounds sort of organ-like.

Last edited:

capedoc

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Been working on recording quite a bit of original material on-and-off for 3 months. Ended up turning the master bedroom of my house in to a recording/music room. Can't believe Megan let me do that. She's definitely a keeper!

Been having lots of fun coming home from work and letting the juices flow.

Here's one I finished up tonight. It's 1% jazz, 49.5% funk and 49.5% rock.

https://soundcloud.com/eric-capers-...c-capers-549958383/sets/caper-home-recordings

Finally got around to stitching together the clips from this one. Check it yo.

Last edited:

capedoc

Team MTBNJ Halter's
My Sunday morning ritual of playing all of the guitars.

Tuck kept borking his little head off at a fox in the yard while recording. The mic was picking up his borks causing me to do like 20 bass takes. Typically the quintessential good boy but not today!

Wrote this little number last fall when the leaves were changin'. Re-recorded for improved audio.

capedoc

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Spring is here, jamming outside on the deck. Got my amplifiers mic'd up inside the house with long cables running outside. Mobile recording station to my left, just out of view. One of the great things about living here is that I can make lots of noise and no one really hears it...

Anyway here's another happy/funky tune I wrote.

Slide Up

Monkey Soup

Angry Wanker
So I'm thinking about getting a simple looper to have some accompaniment, and also get a little creative. Thinking of either the Ditto X2 or Boss RC-1. Any recommendations?

Top Bottom