Sixmilers IG account

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
Where the hell is that? I don't recall ever seeing that building. Maybe by the Ranger station? I've never bothered to go over there...soooo.

Whatever, that's some contusion on her right thigh. Seems the universe still has a sense of humor.

They keep riding mud like that and those drivetrains aren't long for this world. Bike Darwinism 101.

The Kalmyk

They keep riding mud like that and those drivetrains aren't long for this world. Bike Darwinism 101.

Let's give her the benefit of the doubt. She may have bottled it all to bring to next TM, lol.

Hopefully she reads this, becomes a turncoat and joins the camp of riders who know when to hang it up for a nicer day.

Rachel- you quit possibly could have the strongest contingent in the state in regards to trail care and maintenance local to you. They even have a cool festival I believe you would enjoy. Have a looks.

http://www.jorba.org/

Last edited:

The Kalmyk

OK so I wasn't going to do this. I try to be nice. Try to take the high road. But this ticked me off. Here is the story.

As we know, we see people posting pics on the SocMeds that they "rode SixMile in the mud and had so much fun." So I see one of these posts recently (within the past couple of weeks), and I commented in the NICEST way humanly possible. Seriously. I was like "Hey we love that you love Sixmile, but please note for future reference that riding in the mud actually causes damage, etc., blah, blah nice words, please and thank you, more nice words, etc." I was OVERLY nice. Well she DELETED my comment and flagged it as "abuse!"

So here it is. Her awesome post in all its glory. SHAME. ON. YOU. RACHEL. Since you're #suchaham, I'm sure you'll appreciate the humor.

ignorant_trail_abuser.jpg

I've learned to never take things personal for what might be incompetency, lack of time or in this case lack of education. That said, this post may be looked at as crooked by some. I look at it as a opportunity to spread a good word. So thank you for doing this.

Piston Honda

Let's give her the benefit of the doubt. She may have bottled it all to bring to next TM, lol.

Hopefully she reads this, becomes a turncoat and joins the camp of riders who know when to hang it up for a nicer day.

Rachel- you quit possibly could have the strongest contingent in the state in regards to trail care and maintenance local to you. They even have a cool festival I believe you would enjoy. Have a looks.

http://www.jorba.org/
Yeah, it could all be a joke and she never really rode in the mud. Although she had her chance to come clean when Glen kindly informed her about riding in poor conditions and she responded by deleting it. That leads me to believe she just doesn't care.

Anyway, when's the first TM date? 6MR could really use it.

The Kalmyk

Yeah, it could all be a joke and she never really rode in the mud. Although she had her chance to come clean when Glen kindly informed her about riding in poor conditions and she responded by deleting it. That leads me to believe she just doesn't care.

Anyway, when's the first TM date? 6MR could really use it.

I opened the door for her to possible partake in a festival around people who do care.

GHM73

You guys are funny. Yeah I go back and forth between feeling bad about calling her out, and not giving a hoot. Moral dilemma. Let's not harass the girl though (although that comment was great @stb222). I'll probably delete the pic at some point.

Like you said, just trying to spread aa good word. Some people just don't want to hear it.

ktmrider

Maybe she is the type to just ride 100 yds in and then snap a bunch of pics so her followers think she is the shit , c-mon Dan strava is for ego headed maniacs , not a lovely lady like this .

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
A quick glance at the IG account leads me to believe she does in fact ride... actually, it looks as if her preferred terrain is significantly less prone to water pooling so it's possible that she's really just accustomed to "pay to ride trails riding" where conditions are the establishments problem.

If you don't generally ride volunteer maintained trails it's hard to understand the real damage... it's not just the ruts, it's the access.

Not excusing it...just trying to understand.

Piston Honda

I think it's going to take her riding buddy or somebody close to her to explain the consequences of riding in mud.

Anyway, I'm at 6MR enough that it's inevitable that I will encounter somebody IRL with similar ignorance. Let's say I inform them of the consequences and they don't care. Is there a logical next step?
  1. Call the park ranger.
  2. Chase them off the trails.
  3. Follow them into the woods and repair the damage for them.
  4. Shrug shoulders. "Oh well I tried"
  5. Make an IG post about it.
  6. Do nothing.

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
I think it's going to take her riding buddy or somebody close to her to explain the consequences of riding in mud.

Anyway, I'm at 6MR enough that it's inevitable that I will encounter somebody IRL with similar ignorance. Let's say I inform them of the consequences and they don't care. Is there a logical next step?
  1. Call the park ranger.
  2. Chase them off the trails.
  3. Follow them into the woods and repair the damage for them.
  4. Shrug shoulders. "Oh well I tried"
  5. Make an IG post about it.
  6. Do nothing.

7. Cover every square inch of their vehicle with mud... cuz the cool kidz ride mud. :rolleyes:

MissJR

not in the mood for your shenanigans
Team MTBNJ Halter's
ok... so i don't want to defend her or anything because i don't think it's cool she's riding 6 mile in those conditions...

BUT

it's not like it's illegal. the trails aren't closed (although, i think they should be)... and there's no signage... soooo...

aside from saying "hey... maybe reconsider riding here and come on out to help us with TM" what can you do? if you leave snarky messages on her IG, you come across as holier than thou and a bit stalkerish.

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
ok... so i don't want to defend her or anything because i don't think it's cool she's riding 6 mile in those conditions...

BUT

it's not like it's illegal. the trails aren't closed (although, i think they should be)... and there's no signage... soooo...

aside from saying "hey... maybe reconsider riding here and come on out to help us with TM" what can you do? if you leave snarky messages on her IG, you come across as holier than thou and a bit stalkerish.

I was actually thinking that the message might be received better coming from a fellow female rider for exactly that reason.

MissJR

not in the mood for your shenanigans
Team MTBNJ Halter's
i don't have an IG account.

does this mean i have to make one?

Top Bottom