mountain creek xc info

solorider

anyone ride mountain creek xc trails? website mentions 30+ miles, but I can't find a trail map or description. I'll be in the neighborhood this wkend and wasn't sure if it's worth checking out.

thanks in advance.

Cole

yup.... id PM tim from that thread i posted... he lioves in that area... he can point you in the right direction of some good trails

qclabrat

I ski at mountain creek and noticed some nice singletrack. Do you actually pay to ride them or is it included with the DH passes? I remember seeing people riding there last spring but think they may have snuck in.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Yeah, the XC trails up top are like 7-8 miles or so. You can buy a single trip lift ticket to get up there ($4 if you are a JORBA member? Also not sure if you can do this during the ski season?), or you can park on the back side which is technically Hamburg Mountain WMA. I like the trails, but don't think it's worth the hour drive for me. I've only been there twice, and I rode in from outside the park both times. There are also spots where the XC trails cross the ski trails, so this time of year may or may not be a good idea. It's definitely worth a look if you are local though. @DownhillR3 @pinkshirtphotos

DownhillR3

If anyone wants info, just PM me about the Creek XC network. I re-built them all, maintained and ride them year round.

Edit- Just wanted it known I'm not affiliated with Mountain Creek Bike Park anymore. Have heard a lot of rumors in the past year since all of us who were passionate about biking have left the company, that its going downhill.

Last edited:

RickVaughn

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions