New Member Intro

PTek5

Hello! My name is Rich, I'm 31 and I just got into the MTB scene last summer but come from many years of BMX. I ride a 2016 Giant Talon 1 and a 2009 Giant Reign X2. Still ride my 20" too

I'll ride pretty much anywhere, but mostly 6 mile, Allair, Nassau Trail. Im always down for a ride - day or night
Edit: my toys. In height order. Yep.
IMG_20170227_193105_772.jpg

Last edited:

Frank

Sasquatch
Welcome! Will probably run into you at Allaire some time.

Your handle reminds me that I need to buy some epoxy for my skis.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Welcome. We will be hosting group rides starting in April. Stay tuned, hope to see you on the trails.

Rdoonz

You've found a great place to access a ton of info and share experiences with like-minded individuals.

The parks you ride are 3 of my top 4 favs (6 Mile is top of my list though.....LOVE 6MR!!) I don't know if you've been, but Huber/Harts out by Sandy Hook is great if you're looking for a little more challenge in terms of elevation than the other 3 parks you ride. Also in the last year I've been hitting Rutgers Eco Preserve if I'm looking for a quick spin close to home...a great little trail system that's come a long way recently in terms of a being well maintained.

Have fun and welcome aboard!

RobD

Welcome,
I'm at Allaire a lot since I'm 15 min away in Freehold. I hit 6 mile often as well. Have you been up to Ringwood or Allamuchy? Tons of tech, climbing, and downhill with tons of rock and roots. Probably see you at Allaire some time. Feel free to shoot me a message when you go.

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Welcome Rich! I hope you find as much useful information here as you do troll posts. The forum is your oyster.

giff06

Welcome ! We are also at Allaire a lot. Look for the beginner rides to start on Tues. evenings in May or June. Its a great way to learn the park trails and is very social. If you see an old couple on a big green tandem or 2 fat bikes stop by and say "Hi".
Ed and Pat Gifford
the Snot Rocket tandem

PTek5

Welcome ! We are also at Allaire a lot. Look for the beginner rides to start on Tues. evenings in May or June. Its a great way to learn the park trails and is very social. If you see an old couple on a big green tandem or 2 fat bikes stop by and say "Hi".
Ed and Pat Gifford
the Snot Rocket tandem
Ill be sure to keep a look out

PTek5

Welcome,
I'm at Allaire a lot since I'm 15 min away in Freehold. I hit 6 mile often as well. Have you been up to Ringwood or Allamuchy? Tons of tech, climbing, and downhill with tons of rock and roots. Probably see you at Allaire some time. Feel free to shoot me a message when you go.

Hey Rob! I'll definitely take you up on that. I have rode allamuchy. Apparently I bombed down a snowmobile path during a downpour. It was a blast! I'll message you and exchange contact info.

Top Bottom