Get out here!

ReverendNewman

3455.jpeg
Got it !!!!

Last edited:

ReverendNewman

K, here's what I did. I attached the photo to a text message, I then copied it to my Downloads folder, which renamed it from xxxxxxxxxxxyyyyyyyyzzzzz.jpeg to xxxx.jpg. then I just uploaded it. Not sure if I can't get access to my Photos folder, for this particular site or the file name was too long. It's a bastard way of doing it, but it worked. I'll keep tweaking it. Thanx everyone for ur help.

rlb

K, here's what I did. I attached the photo to a text message, I then copied it to my Downloads folder, which renamed it from xxxxxxxxxxxyyyyyyyyzzzzz.jpeg to xxxx.jpg. then I just uploaded it. Not sure if I can't get access to my Photos folder, for this particular site or the file name was too long. It's a bastard way of doing it, but it worked. I'll keep tweaking it. Thanx everyone for ur help.

What if you bypass the text message part and try renaming the file and/or moving it to a different folder on the phone? You should have a file manager app that will allow you to do this.

ReverendNewman

What if you bypass the text message part and try renaming the file and/or moving it to a different folder on the phone? You should have a file manager app that will allow you to do this.
That's what I'm gonna play with next. The photo section of my phone only allows me to move photos within the photo area. I'll try downloading a file manager app and renaming the files. Thanx.

ReverendNewman

This is weird. It's not typical Android behavior, though I haven't messed with a samsung lately. I'll try it on my wife's Note 5
I have a work around. Just seems like it won't upload straight from the Gallery folder. Some kinda permissions thing. But I checked everything.

qclabrat

if I had to do that, I'd never post a picture
go to the short track races and look for one of those folks in orange and blue for help

rlb

Just seems like it won't upload straight from the Gallery folder. Some kinda permissions thing. But I checked everything.

You're right. The defaults android folder structure looks something like this (incomplete list)

android-sdcard-directory.jpg

Anything taken by the camera is stored in the DCIM folder on your phone. Other apps (instagram, facebook, etc) typically store them in a photos folder. Anything you download goes into downloads.

It's looking like Samsung isn't granting proper access to the DCIM folder. It gives enough permission to see the files in the folder, but wont let chrome grab them for an upload. Lame. I just tested this with my wife's phone. The pic of my dog came from her downloads folder. Nothing from DCIM could be uploaded, and the file picker doesn't let you drill down into the actual folder structure.

On my phone (Google Pixel) everything works as expected. Also, I can get into any folder through my file browsing app (Solid Explorer, listed on the bottom). See if installing a similar app will give that option. The samsung default "MyFiles" app doesn't show on my wife's phone.

2017-02-25-07-58-52.jpg

qclabrat

You're right. The defaults android folder structure looks something like this (incomplete list)

Anything taken by the camera is stored in the DCIM folder on your phone. Other apps (instagram, facebook, etc) typically store them in a photos folder. Anything you download goes into downloads.

It's looking like Samsung isn't granting proper access to the DCIM folder. It gives enough permission to see the files in the folder, but wont let chrome grab them for an upload. Lame. I just tested this with my wife's phone. The pic of my dog came from her downloads folder. Nothing from DCIM could be uploaded, and the file picker doesn't let you drill down into the actual folder structure.

On my phone (Google Pixel) everything works as expected. Also, I can get into any folder through my file browsing app (Solid Explorer, listed on the bottom). See if installing a similar app will give that option. The samsung default "MyFiles" app doesn't show on my wife's phone.

Rob all I saw was Bustyimagecache... Gotta stop watching hamster gutter

Reactions: rlb

ReverendNewman

Screenshot_2017-02-25-08-58-39.png
This is what I get when I click on the upload a file. I need to add a location to the above screen. If I select the my files and go to the photos folder, it doesn't upload, like it's a permissions lock out. Even though I checked all that. If I move the file to Downloads folder, I think I'm ok. By the way guys, I don't want to kill this post. U guys don't have to respond. I'm just kicking it aroumd. I appreciate everyone's help.

ReverendNewman

View attachment 48268
Yup. That's what I think. I downloaded a file manager from the playstore. It didn't like it was much help. Must be a Droid/Samsung thing. I'll just mobe the photos to the Download section. It seems like it only happens on this siteam though. Wierd.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions