Hell of Hunterdon 2017

Ian F

New gravel bike purchased, so at least I've managed that.

However, training to get in shape for this is still lagging behind. :(

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
What do people do for hydration ?
Whatever you normally do for a 4-5 hour ride. It isn't hot (well hopefully not 90 but who the f knows this year) so hydration should not be an issue. The first rest stop is well within a two bottle limit and the second rest stop is close enough to the end that you don't have to worry about running out.

I run scratch in both 20oz bottles to start and then fill with water after that. I find that my stomach can't handle the sugar drinks after the 3rd hour. Avoid the Gatorade temptation at the second rest stop as it is a sugar bomb for your stomach.

That being said, everyone is different. Avoid doing something different on the day of.

wonderturtle

Whatever you normally do for a 4-5 hour ride. It isn't hot (well hopefully not 90 but who the f knows this year) so hydration should not be an issue. The first rest stop is well within a two bottle limit and the second rest stop is close enough to the end that you don't have to worry about running out.

I run scratch in both 20oz bottles to start and then fill with water after that. I find that my stomach can't handle the sugar drinks after the 3rd hour. Avoid the Gatorade temptation at the second rest stop as it is a sugar bomb for your stomach.

That being said, everyone is different. Avoid doing something different on the day of.

Thanks. Just the info I needed.

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
You and @clarkenstein still in?? Haven't seen much strava activity.
Have you seen my Strava activity pre-HOH?
dc92df19b8f9059849dcfafd0d967bc9.gif

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
You have gears now, so not riding will be ok

that's what i'm hoping. finally cleared up my lungs and sinuses - this "winter" has been a rough one for me. pneumonia in november, acute bronchitis and sinusitis the past three weeks. taking the last of my antibiotics tomorrow.

probably do a little basement time this week.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
that's what i'm hoping. finally cleared up my lungs and sinuses - this "winter" has been a rough one for me. pneumonia in november, acute bronchitis and sinusitis the past three weeks. taking the last of my antibiotics tomorrow.

probably do a little basement time this week.
Liked because you are getting back on your feet, not for the basement time :p

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
not that a forecast means anything 11 days out.

SAT

MAR 25 AM Rain/Snow
46°30°
50%
NNE 7 mph 64%

Top Bottom