Chimney Rock Conditions

Tonggi

wrong thread. For what it's worth, I'm skeptical it'll be ridable. let us know.
Im assuming I got my pages mixed up on my phone and posted on the maps page. Lmao. I wanted to be sure I meant the yellow so I looked at the map. I think it'll be a bust unless it freezes really good and it's just gonna get warmer.

qclabrat

I was in the area with my dog, very muddy anywhere dirt was present. Really ugly thaw going on. I'd give RV a try instead

Tonggi

I was in the area with my dog, very muddy anywhere dirt was present. Really ugly thaw going on. I'd give RV a try instead

thanks for heads up. Didn't pack bike today at work. Figured it would be bad. I will wait for the weekend to go elsewhere.

walter

Fourth Party
Is CR HIKE-Able ?

Kids are off all week and want to do some exploring, figured we could hike around over there if it isn't under water.

What say you?

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
At
Is CR HIKE-Able ?

Kids are off all week and want to do some exploring, figured we could hike around over there if it isn't under water.

What say you?
Stick to yellow and orange and you'll be fine. They're best for hiking anyhow.

Tonggi

At

Stick to yellow and orange and you'll be fine. They're best for hiking anyhow.

Orange and yellow rideable or too soft? Was thinking of going Tuesday night. Give it another 2 full days of nice weather to possibly dry anything up.

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Orange and yellow rideable or too soft? Was thinking of going Tuesday night. Give it another 2 full days of nice weather to possibly dry anything up.
I haven't been over to check it out but youll be fine with yellow for sure. It holds up best even if it's a bit wet. Orange could be more of a issue but I would imagine it will be fine by Tuesday. Unless someone else chimes in with an update go check it out and let us know.

Tonggi

A friend posted it is 3/5. "Usual wet spots are muddy, but overall good, Ride lower orange near damn, very dry"

Wanted to add that this was from facebook posts where I asked them.

thegock

Did the ballfield loop Monday, but went back to the car. Too muddy. Should be great again by Thursday.

Couple trees down on Orange and two on Yellow, when I rode it on 2/4/17. Dunno if they are still there.

Tonggi

I avoid the ballfield loop, that place is always wet even during the summer after any rain.
The grass leading to the stairs if muddy is an indicator for me. I go straight through to Yellow/Orange from there

Xler8

Everyone has there own take on conditions, all I'll say is if you go to CR, be prepared to get muddy as well as doing some slip and sliding.

My bike gained about 5-10#'s in mud the other day.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Everyone has there own take on conditions, all I'll say is if you go to CR, be prepared to get muddy as well as doing some slip and sliding.

My bike gained about 5-10#'s in mud the other day.

I'll just post this as an educational reference -

img_5437-jpg.46494

bigtwin100

Conditions were ok last night. did red and the typical spot was muddy but rest was fine. My bike hardly had any mud on it at all. relax :) (kidding of course)

Last edited:

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
CR is fine. There are some isolated wet spots that could use some nics cleaned out but otherwise ok.

Woody used to clean nics and keep water flowing off the trails.
It's really simple to do, the goal is to get standing water flowing off the trails. I cleaned a bunch of nics on red.
1. locate standing water.
2. look for outlet to release standing water.
3. use stick or any implement to remove leaves and debris from outlet and let gravity do its job.

20170223_164455.jpg

20170223_164613.jpg

qclabrat

CR is fine. There are some isolated wet spots that could use some nics cleaned out but otherwise ok.

Woody used to clean nics and keep water flowing off the trails.
It's really simple to do, the goal is to get standing water flowing off the trails. I cleaned a bunch of nics on red.
1. locate standing water.
2. look for outlet to release standing water.
3. use stick or any implement to remove leaves and debris from outlet and let gravity do its job.

View attachment 48153

View attachment 48154
so would you rate it a 3? I feel so unqualified to rate trails...
I'll need to give that nicking a try tomorrow

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions