Jungle Habitat Conditions

huffster

Went this morning to find out for myself. Rated a 3. The parking lot is an ice skating rink. Looks like someone ripped 1/2 the fence down by the gate with a truck. Anyway, icy conditions apply to many of the double track trails. Single track was mostly good, ranging from frozen dirt covered in leaves to thin crunchy snow...to some icy patches. Be careful it can sneak up on you. So, if you go slow and ride when its cold, its ride-able. I actually rode "Outside fence" for the first time in years. Also, dropped that down to "Dump Truck" and returned to parking via "Boulderdash". On all 3 of those, I was claiming first tracks. But, just about all the other stuff has been ridden.

stilluf

We rode at Jungle on Saturday 6/17. Dirt was good, but rocks were a bit slick from rain. Next time riding here need a better route and/or guide. We did too much uphill rocky climbing and too much downhill fire roads. But some spots were really cool rock flow. I'll be back!

Bleeder

JORBA:President
We rode at Jungle on Saturday 6/17. Dirt was good, but rocks were a bit slick from rain. Next time riding here need a better route and/or guide. We did too much uphill rocky climbing and too much downhill fire roads. But some spots were really cool rock flow. I'll be back!
Next time check out trailforks at https://www.trailforks.com/region/jungle-habitat/routes/ I have some routes posted from the Jam you can follow. Worse comes to worse just ride counterclockwise and you should hit most of it.

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Anybody known if the gate is shut at Jungle? Wood like to ride there tomorrow

huffster

Rode yesterday. There is basically no snow left, except a patch here or there. That little bit is magic snow and you float right over it. Otherwise its frozen dirt with plenty of frost heaves. The lower areas have some dangerous spots due to ice flows on the trail. This was most prevalent in Warthog going around the back side of the lot. So, if a little snow falls, beware, there is treacherous ice under there. Upper elevations have minimal ice, but there were a couple spots going up Otter Slide and some death patches at the beginning (top) of Hippo.

Robson

Trails on top are in good shape. Quads made some damage on Other Slide.

20180226_125438.jpg

Mr.Moto

Anybody ride Jungle lately? Wondering what conditions are like.

Rode there this past Sunday. Upper parts were mostly good and dry. Animal Chute was probably the wettest, but still rideable. Did not have time to ride Warthog though.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions