BB30 question + does anyone have install bushings I can borrow?

rlb

If anyone local to me (Bridgewater area) has a set of installation bushings I could borrow please let me know.

Question 2, is this going to be a problem? Does the crank arm contact the outer surface of the bearing carrier? Took it to a local place to have the old bearings removed and this is what I was left with.

IMG_20160826_173457212.jpg

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Ha I have the same setup, I just whimped out on using it. Did you have trouble getting the bearing to go in straight?

I've done it plenty of times with something very similar. Sometimes they don't go in perfect at first and you need to recenter the washers. Just go slow.

I bought a real press from wheels manufacturing for like 17 bucks on sale, and it's sooooo much easier when you have the right tool.

Still, it's possible

Reactions: rlb

J-Dro

I've used the threaded rod method on press fit BB's a couple of times with much success. Like Jeremy said, just go slow and make sure the bearings are being pressed in straight. Grease both surfaces lightly, but you would do that step regardless of the tool used.

rlb

DS went in no problem, NDS not so much. Managed to get ahold of the proper tools so I can finish tomorrow

rlb

So simple with the correct tool. Got it all back together with about 20lbs of grease. Keeping my fingers crossed it's not a creaker when I ride tomorrow.

rlb

Marine wheel bearing grease I believe. I'll snap a pic when I get home. No creaks btw, success.

Top Bottom