What movie do you never change the channel for?

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
add this one
dog day afternoon

and

apocalypse now
full metal jacket
deer hunter
natural born killers
a clockwork orange
train spotting (look for TS2 coming out next year)

gotta hate when these things come on around midnight, and all ya wanted was a loop of sports center.

Mic360

The Goonies
Stand By Me
IT
Dazed and Confused
Fast Times At Ridgemont High
Zapped
Weird Science
Man On Fire
The Warriors (probably watch this once a month)
Goodfellas
Shawshank
Bronx Tale
The Last Dragon

huffster

I think most everything on my list has been said already...
  • Animal House
  • Blazing Saddles
  • Predator
  • Jaws
  • Monty Python's Holy Grail
  • Caddyshack
  • Fast Times
  • Rocky
  • Platoon
  • Goodfellas
  • Braveheart
  • Gladiator
  • Fargo
  • Breakfast Club
  • Silence of the Lambs (best movie after I book that I have ever seen)
My wife disagrees on about 90% of the list above. She will put up with Fast Times, Jaws, Rocky and Silence of the Lambs. She loves Breakfast Club. Top Gun is another "throwback" that we can both agree on.

Here are just a few that she will always stop on and I've simply had enough of them:
  • Pretty Woman
  • Dirty Dancing
  • Rocky Horror Picture Show

rottin'

Staff member
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I think most everything on my list has been said already...
  • Animal House
  • Blazing Saddles
  • Predator
  • Jaws
  • Monty Python's Holy Grail
  • Caddyshack
  • Fast Times
  • Rocky
  • Platoon
  • Goodfellas
  • Braveheart
  • Gladiator
  • Fargo
  • Breakfast Club
  • Silence of the Lambs (best movie after I book that I have ever seen)
My wife disagrees on about 90% of the list above. She will put up with Fast Times, Jaws, Rocky and Silence of the Lambs. She loves Breakfast Club. Top Gun is another "throwback" that we can both agree on.

Here are just a few that she will always stop on and I've simply had enough of them:
  • Pretty Woman
  • Dirty Dancing
  • Rocky Horror Picture Show
Yup pretty much all of your movies I would leave on as well...funny about the wife comment, next thread would be "what movies do you keep on that your spouse refuses to watch and leaves the room...and probably calls you names as she's/he's leaving..." Lol

MikeyBikey2000

A new one to my list among the usuals (Shawshank, Goodfellas and A Bronx Tale) is Almost Famous... not so much cause its a great movie, although I do think it's a cool flick, but because the ending sequence using Tangerine from Zep with the tour bus from '74 riding into the late afternoon/evening summer haze always makes me nostalgic..

also, though not in film, there was a whole scene cut where William make his mom listen to Stairway to Heaven start to finish.. great scene - someone linked up the tune to the scene cause apparently they couldn't get the rights to that one, but you get the gyst of it - it's on YouTube.

Also classic is backstage with Stillwater while you can hear the main act, Sabbath doing Sweet Leaf on stage lol.. I take it back it is a great movie.. what other flick can feature tunes off Zeppelin 3

Link to cut scene:

Last edited:

kidzach

No movie will stop me from surfing because I have the attention span of a six year old. But I will always stop for Shawshank or Breakfast Club.......... both with great endings.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Yup pretty much all of your movies I would leave on as well...funny about the wife comment, next thread would be "what movies do you keep on that your spouse refuses to watch and leaves the room...and probably calls you names as she's/he's leaving..." Lol

Pulp Fiction. My wife will make me change the channel. She hates it.

StayHydrated

Swedish Chef
Apollo 13. It's on now, and I just got stuck on it. Tom Hanks + Gary Sinese + Space = A+

October Sky is another one.

I think there's a theme here.

capedoc

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Spaceballs
Blazing Saddles
Beetlejuice
Johnny Dangerously
The original 3 Star Wars
First 3 Indiana Jones
Lebowski
Fargo
Raising Arizona
Time Bandits
Oh Brother Where Art Thou
Princess Bride
Fletch

Great thread idea!

Funny - Norm pretty much posted my list.

rottin'

Staff member
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Apollo 13. It's on now, and I just got stuck on it. Tom Hanks + Gary Sinese + Space = A+

October Sky is another one.

I think there's a theme here.
You know. October sky is on my list as well...I like the story, the actors, based on a true story.

rottin'

Staff member
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Life of Brian. More than Holy Grail for me, actually.
I just wish the Holy Grail were on more..."it's just a flesh wound" and "I fart in your general direction" might be the best dialogue...also could be they were imprinted on my brain when I was like 11 when I first saw them so thats's what stuck...and what also made sense to me...at 11 farting was awesome, as a matter of fact not that different now;)

Top Bottom