Allow myself to introduce myself

Victor I

aka Ridgehog
Last post aimed at JimN. Mr. Salsa do you know the trails of of the Saddle River Dunkerhook only a couple of miles each way but fun and in Ridgewood

Victor I

aka Ridgehog
I go to Ridgewood all the time and only just realized a few weeks ago that there is a Tito's there.o_O

Is that the rail trail near there? I've been wanting to try that out some time, maybe link some more road to it.
Saddle River Bike path paved section is 6 miles, starts on the northern end at the duck pond off of Ridgewood avenue just west of Paramus road. The southern end starts in Rochelle Park 40 railroad ave. If you are riding north you can hit the off road trail approximately 1/2 mile north of route 4, field on the right before the bridge. It's only a couple of miles in spots but not bad for someone who is in the area. Not a destination by any means but could be a break if you are riding back from the city. If you ever want to see some of the off road sections let me know, glad to give a tour. Here is a video I found online.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I know. So close to home. Time to give it another. Good place for a weekday filler ride. Anyone you know of riding there tomorrow late afternoon?

No, but I'm sure there will be people there. I can normally be there by 3:30pm after work for a ride, but I can't make it today. Do you have lights?

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Saddle River Bike path paved section is 6 miles, starts on the northern end at the duck pond off of Ridgewood avenue just west of Paramus road. The southern end starts in Rochelle Park 40 railroad ave. If you are riding north you can hit the off road trail approximately 1/2 mile north of route 4, field on the right before the bridge. It's only a couple of miles in spots but not bad for someone who is in the area. Not a destination by any means but could be a break if you are riding back from the city. If you ever want to see some of the off road sections let me know, glad to give a tour. Here is a video I found online.

I take my family there for the pave road every now and then. But whenever I can catch a break (ditch the wife and kid at one of the playgrounds), I hit the dirt and its a nice relaxing ride.

Mr.Moto

I know. So close to home. Time to give it another. Good place for a weekday filler ride. Anyone you know of riding there tomorrow late afternoon?

Funny, I'm in Ringwood, but have been putting in some time lately at HM trying to figure out the place. Lots of fun techy, rocky riding. We are lucky to be in an area where we have plenty to choose from. Get out to Jungle and Wayway too.

Victor I

aka Ridgehog
JimN - looking into lights, opens up an entire new opportunity since daylight savings time is almost here.

C8N - Got to hook up one day at HM.

Mr. Moto - Jungle and Wayanda are great places and are included in my riding rotation. Ringwood- Must be nice to be able to ride your bike to the trail.

Mr. Picante - don't sell yourself short if you can ride HM you probably can ride many places in NJ (at least based on my initial experience with HM).If you have not yet found the dirt trails off of the Saddle River bike path, sent me a PM, glad to give you a tour. Not a difficult place to navigate. My kids started riding there when they were 5. Don't forget to check out the blog page good reading as well as the trail directory page.

Heading now to Ringwood to ride, once again passing by HM. I'm out.

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
welcome aboard have expected you to say your name was "Wile E Coyote super genius"

bucknejo

Haha. yeah Brooklyn. Guess I can't use my "street lingo" in the burbs.

I'm in Ridgewood as well. I'm sure Ringwood is great but probably too advanced for me yet and High Mountain is just so convenient and seems like it is pretty damn good.
Haha. yeah Brooklyn. Guess I can't use my "street lingo" in the burbs.

I'm in Ridgewood as well. I'm sure Ringwood is great but probably too advanced for me yet and High Mountain is just so convenient and seems like it is pretty damn good.

I'm in allendale and ride RW and HM probably equally now that there's a ton of new singletrack at HM. whomever is cutting these trails is doing a great job and definitely +1 on maprika for both, but especially for HM if you're going out solo. that place is like a maze the first couple times out.

Good luck riding this winter. I'm out of service this season as I just had another kid yesterday. will be chomping at the proverbial bit come spring if you have a wife like mine that demands a riding comrade for safety reasons.

qclabrat

I'm in allendale and ride RW and HM probably equally now that there's a ton of new singletrack at HM. whomever is cutting these trails is doing a great job and definitely +1 on maprika for both, but especially for HM if you're going out solo. that place is like a maze the first couple times out.

Good luck riding this winter. I'm out of service this season as I just had another kid yesterday. will be chomping at the proverbial bit come spring if you have a wife like mine that demands a riding comrade for safety reasons.

Congrats, get a strider bike now

Victor I

aka Ridgehog

Congrats on the bundle of joy. I am now riding with an advanced group out off Morris County but am still alternating rides close to home such as Ringwood, Jungle and now (learning) High Mountain. Feel free to send me a PM in the spring when you are back.

Top Bottom