2 years in the making and my colorado build is starting

RobW

yeaahhh, saw the snow caps on the rockies from some riders I follow on IG-- work is closed next weekend and I just may take a trip and stay at some airbnb's around boulder and Colorado springs. tickets are like 160 round trip

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
lots of depth with those cedar shingles.
not 100% sure it goes with the straight lines of the siding and roof, but maybe that is the point, given the rugged backdrop.

nice spacing on the corner boards - makes me nuts when i find them against the roof - at least what is left of them.

ktmrider

Pat it has a nice east coast flare with the shake , best part is all that cedar is fire retardant , looks like we will be done here in 3 weeks or next big snow .

ktmrider

lots of depth with those cedar shingles.
not 100% sure it goes with the straight lines of the siding and roof, but maybe that is the point, given the rugged backdrop.

nice spacing on the corner boards - makes me nuts when i find them against the roof - at least what is left of them.
We also used end grain sealer on all cuts that land on the roof , we do that on every job .

rottin'

Staff member
Team MTBNJ Halter's
We also used end grain sealer on all cuts that land on the roof , we do that on every job .
Love this...it's these types of details that really separate out quality workmanship that stands the test of time and the elements!!

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
This is a the most obscene short cut that almost all contractors do. If you don't wax those cross cuts that meet wetness then the wood acts like a sponge and cuts the life of that wood to 25% life span. It probably one of the biggest repairs I get in home inspections.

Zaskar

Pat it has a nice east coast flare with the shake , best part is all that cedar is fire retardant , looks like we will be done here in 3 weeks or next big snow .

Are you adding a fire sprinkler system in the house? My friends in Vermont built a remote house and have these as response time could be slow due to location/weather.

ktmrider

Response time for anything up here is 45 minutes to an hour , I am required to install a whole house system , it adds huge costs to the build , since I have a well I have to install storage tanks , New Jersey is pushing for that too ... Not sure why local FD is around the corner at most towns . Probably it is a kick back thing in jersey , like them wanting to charge to ride jungle and everyone is like what a great idea , drones , they will just keep taking until we have nothing left .

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
Classy all the way. Impressive but not overdone. Let me know when the Moto tours start. Only a 26 hr drive..

ktmrider

Classy all the way. Impressive but not overdone. Let me know when the Moto tours start. Only a 26 hr drive..
You will want a fuel injected unit last week we crossed the continental divide , my neighbor is prez of mile high jeep club and he showed me all the cool shit I would have never found . Tunnels in the middle of nowhere and crazy lakes at 11500 .. It's insane

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
You will want a fuel injected unit last week we crossed the continental divide , my neighbor is prez of mile high jeep club and he showed me all the cool shit I would have never found . Tunnels in the middle of nowhere and crazy lakes at 11500 .. It's insane
I'm good .. 350 XCF-w EFI plated.

jnos

Response time for anything up here is 45 minutes to an hour , I am required to install a whole house system , it adds huge costs to the build , since I have a well I have to install storage tanks , New Jersey is pushing for that too ... Not sure why local FD is around the corner at most towns . Probably it is a kick back thing in jersey , like them wanting to charge to ride jungle and everyone is like what a great idea , drones , they will just keep taking until we have nothing left .
More jobs for Fire Inspectors.

AL.

Does more trail maintenance than you, without a he
Looks great what a view.What type of garage door you thinking?
I do overhead doors for a living.Go with a liftmaster belt drive 8550w.its wifi ready and the app is free now.Also remember to pre-wire the low voltage for your wall button and photo eyes if you want that clean wireless look.

Top Bottom