trump vs hillary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
So what's the deal with Trump not releasing his tax returns? Why break precedent? As a business mogul surely he has his books in order. Proving how legit he is would silence a strong argument critics keeping throwing at him and bolster his credibility. What gives?

Probably something to hide. It could also be an interesting play on his part. Don't release them, release before the 2nd or 3rd debate with a semi-valid excuse as to why he had to wait until then.

Really he probably pays almost no taxes due to all legal means. Most people will see this as him being a crook. Reality is he is doing what all rich people do and play by the system that's designed to do that. People don't realize "loopholes" are not mistakes, they're designed in. It's the same bullshit when people complain X company doesn't pay taxes!!!

rick81721

Lothar
Probably something to hide.

Maybe, but probably the same reason Hillary deleted all those emails - she has something to hide too. My guess is her health - she probably has parkinsons and is trying to hide it. I never heard of anyone having a seizure from "pneumonia". Any who, I think they are both too old and are likely to not survive a first term, so I'd look at the running mates. Kaine seems to be a blithering idiot, at least Pence seems rational and competent.

solorider

Open boarders, Obama on the Supreme Court, every city/town a gun free zone, redistribution of wealth and higher taxes on the middle class. Yeah, I'm not with her.

mstyer

Yes, but not in the way that you think with traditional solar energy, it would work at night also. Also cosmic energy from which the sun is not the source. Look up Nikola Tesla.

We're working on it. Fusion is a real bitch to get right, but we keep inching closer to it being viable.
http://www.pppl.gov/about

PS. Which candidate is more likely to not cut the Department of Energy budget?

DargSide

Removing the fraud from the social programs is all that is needed. What once was a safety net has become a lifestyle. Then gut the waste in the government. Stop giving our enemies billions of dollars

Agreed, but I will say that people on both ends of the wage gap are equally leeching off the system

gtluke

The Moped
So what's the deal with Trump not releasing his tax returns? Why break precedent? As a business mogul surely he has his books in order. Proving how legit he is would silence a strong argument critics keeping throwing at him and bolster his credibility. What gives?
Have you been paying attention to what 4chan and reddit have done to Hillary? It's weaponized autism. They figured out who the guy was that deleted the emails, they figured out that she has parkinson's and there is an aid with her with a diazepan pen. they found the evidence of collusion against Bernie, they sunk the DNC chairwoman. I would never want these people to have access to my tax returns. They are a million times more attentive than any IRS agent. You release those aspergers on those documents while his audit is still open and he's in trouble whether he intentionally filed incorrectly or not.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
My god you are over the edge man. You don't even drink coffee. You should start then immediately switch to decaf just on principle alone.

domo

this gets better every day, i appreciate all the input from everyone and its been a good exchange so far being fair to both sides

its a good mix, lots of critical thinking and various perspectives.

jackx

1) No problem putting coal miners out of work. I don't cry for all of the livery drivers that lost their jobs because of cars. I don't mourn the telephone operators that lost their jobs through automation. A decrease in a corporate tax means more income for shareholders, not employees. Hiring decisions have nothing to do with tax rates. If a business owner can increase production, revenue, and profit they will hire. Hiring also occurs due to regulatory needs (e.g. safety inspectors). No one hires because they have extra money that they don't know what to do with.

2) Close the borders and you'll still have homegrown terrorists. Close the borders and terrorists will just fly into the country on an airplane. This may be harsh, but we all need to learn to live with a little risk. You have a 0.0001% chance of being killed by a terrorist this year (based on total US deaths due to terrorism since 2000). Remove 9/11 and you have a 0.000001% chance of being killed by a terrorist. If that still scares you, stop driving, stop riding trains, stop riding your bike, stop eating food because it may contain ecoli, stop going outside because of lightening strikes, stop going to the beach, stop leaving your house. Of course, if you stop all of those things, your sedentary lifestyle will kill you before a terrorist does.

Also, consider that the hatred and distrust that Trump will sow around the world will actually increase the number of people willing to become terrorists.

It is nice to think that corporations that have more capital are more likely to invest in R&D and their employees. Perhaps this is overly idealistic thinking on my part. Not sure how the capital would all go to shareholders unless it could be recorded as income. All the added govt't. regulations are killing small businesses, and forcing the larger ones to merge because of the costs of needing so many attorneys to navigate the regulatory burdens.

With regard to people losing their jobs, it seems that it is only going to get worse with $15/hour minimum wages. The $15/hr may make sense for people trying to support their family, but not sure it makes sense for high school kids working summers for gas money or car insurance. Of course, maybe they are pre-saving for college, which may be another conversation. In areas with high wages for unskilled workers, pretty soon the norm will probably be customers have to do their own checkout and ordering. With the case of Panera Bread for example, they have self serve kiosks. I guess that is nice if lines are really long, but then the company can have less employees taking orders, which means more people end up using the kiosks. I've never seen anyone using the Panera kiosks though, and not sure anyone will, unless they have to. At a company like Starbucks, it is great convenience for people who want to order on their phone and have their drink ready and paid for when they arrive at the store. Sounds better to me then having to go thru a drive-thru and order, then wait to pick up said order. I haven't tried it yet at Starbucks, but it looks like a great option, especially for people really tight on time.

Living with more risk seems to becoming the norm, and that seems sad that we have to settle for the "new normal". It is understandable that the actual risk of being killed in the past by a terrorist was extremely low, but everyday, attacks are occurring.

The biggest risk I probably face is getting hurt while cycling and not having medical insurance to cover me. It is really sad how pathetic the "Affordable Care Act" is and what has happened to health insurance. There is a very good chance I will not be able to afford insurance next year.

Last edited:

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
4chan. It's one of the most visited websites on earth, started by a 13 year old kid that's filled with the weirdest/smartest asperger types in the world.

And you think the man that said we need to do better at cyber knows what 4chan is?

gtluke

The Moped
And you think the man that said we need to do better at cyber knows what 4chan is?
He may, he's done more than one AMA on Reddit. One one /r/the_donald that Reddit suppressed because the CEO of Reddit hates trumps.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
they figured out that she has parkinson's

Is the proof of this that there's an email where she asks about a drug with many uses, one of which has something to do with Parkinson's treatment?

and there is an aid with her with a diazepan pen

And there's no chance it's a flashlight?

Also, not that it matters, but moot was 15.

gtluke

The Moped
Is the proof of this that there's an email where she asks about a drug with many uses, one of which has something to do with Parkinson's treatment?

And there's no chance it's a flashlight?

Also, not that it matters, but moot was 15.
There's photos of the pen, with the same guy holding it in several pictures. The fainting/seizures , the falling, the inability to walk up stairs the blue tinted glasses. She's sick with something for sure.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
There's photos of the pen, with the same guy holding it in several pictures. The fainting/seizures , the falling, the inability to walk up stairs the blue tinted glasses. She's sick with something for sure.

There are also photo's of it shining a light on the floor and a guy's shirt which makes it look more like a flashlight. I'm not saying she doesn't have early stage Parkinsons or some other disease. That's a possibility. It's also possible that she's an older woman that has been on the campaign trail for months/years and is worn down. Saying that 4chan found out she has Parkinsons is just hilarious to me. Even if it turns out to be true.

gtluke

The Moped
There are also photo's of it shining a light on the floor and a guy's shirt which makes it look more like a flashlight. I'm not saying she doesn't have early stage Parkinsons or some other disease. That's a possibility. It's also possible that she's an older woman that has been on the campaign trail for months/years and is worn down. Saying that 4chan found out she has Parkinsons is just hilarious to me. Even if it turns out to be true.
Dude I watched a 9 minute long news show yesterday on a major news network about how pepe the frog is a alt-right hate figure.
Pepe the frog is national news.

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
let's bring up the gun rights stuff - because why not. its part of the debate

so obama was supposed to take away everyone's guns. that's how the pro-gun argument sold the anti-obama argument. did that actually happen anywhere? did guns get taken out of everyone's hands? nope.

why do gun rights activists jump on the belief that their guns will be taken away and actually believe it? it is never going to happen in our lifetime. it didn't and won't.

back to the candidates:

so trump is saying more guns makes people safer - yet he supports "stop and frisk" because it will stop gun violence, because it will take guns off the street. here's somewhat of a link - couldn't find actual quotes, but it summarizes pretty well: http://www.cnbc.com/2016/09/26/trum...eople-in-inner-cities-are-living-in-hell.html

someone please 'splain this... how can more guns make everyone safer, yet at the same time, he argues to have guns taken off the street? is it because "certain" people should have guns, and other "certain" people shouldn't? or am i reading too much into that, and he just doesn't know which is right, more guns, or less guns? and again, he is painting her as a person who is going to take everyone's guns away, which just isn't true.

and HRC - she is standing on the typical "common sense" gun control measures, like minimizing clip size, further background checks, etc. is that too much of an ask because one step toward further gun control means in five more minutes no one has guns anymore. or we can take the @Monkey Soup argument and say "wouldn't fix anything anyway, so why bother"?

sorry - just having fun Soup - I know you didn't say that... yet ;) - i kid because i love.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom