Sterling Forest Thank You Demo Day Build, 9/24

Bleeder

JORBA:President
Hey guys let's wrap up the trail season with a build and a big thank you to the Palisades trail crews that worked to build some awesome new singletrack at Sterling Forest. We'll be hooking up the Americorp volunteers with bikes to give them a taste of what it's like to ride the trail they spent all summer building.

Bring your bikes, build a little, ride a little, come anytime, stay as long as you like. The trail is still rough in spots, but hey it's so fresh it's got that new trail smell.

Before attending please fill out the following forms:

Volunteer Service Agreement at http://surveys.parks.ny.gov/s/NYNJTC_VSA/

Guardian Consent (for volunteers under the age of 18)
(We will send links separately)

Driving Directions:
697 Long Meadow Road, Tuxedo Park, NY 10987
GPS Coordinates: 41.206720,-74.238930
The parking area is off of Long Meadow Rd just north of the mulch pile. If you are coming from the south, you will see a Trail Conference banner on your right at the entrance to the parking area.
https://goo.gl/maps/qMjzrfcNAWD2

Bleeder

So this will be a "soft" opening of Redback trail. It's not finished, there is one small section that you have to walk across. We haven't completely finished some reroutes, but it will give you a good taste of what we're building. A little more buff than the crossover trail in Ringwood. Flowy. You'll have about 3 and a half miles lot to lot riding. We'll shuttle some folks, but I expect most of you will just make it an out and back.

MuniMan

The Sterling build and ride party is this coming Saturday. The un-rideable section as been worked on and is rideable. There no longer is a small trials course at the bottom of section D. The worse is it rains between now and then and there is a mud hole at a spot where a stream crossing hasn't been build yet.

Plan is to do trail building on the north side in the AM and ride after lunch in the PM. There is still some work in an area that will bypass a steeper double track woods road.

This isn't an official signup thread but if you are coming please say so. Its hard enough to herd cats. Someone needs to be sure there are enough tools on hand.

oobaa47

Pencil me in for a tentative Yes, contigent upon kiddy's activities. Can I park near button wood and south gate and ride to site?

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
Art and I will be there to build and ride after, if that happens. I rode the whole length from lot to lot this past week and it is riding Sweet! Crews have done an outstanding job.

MuniMan

Art and I will be there to build and ride after, if that happens. I rode the whole length from lot to lot this past week and it is riding Sweet! Crews have done an outstanding job.
Yea, I saw others had ridden the trail when I got out yesterday. Good to see other tracks.

MuniMan

Pencil me in for a tentative Yes, contigent upon kiddy's activities. Can I park near button wood and south gate and ride to site?
Yes, you can park there if you wish. You might find it better to park at the lot on Long Meadow if you want to change from digging clothes to riding or if you want to bring something to eat that's on the heavy or cold side. The work area is not too far from the north lot.

MuniMan

The Sterling/Redback Work and ride was a success. A bunch of people did a lot of work and had fun doing it. Thanks to all for coming out. The trail on the north side is now opened all the way. It still needs work but there is a trail where there is supposed to be one.

IMGP0092.JPG

IMGP0090.JPG

This was the most perfect rock in the perfect spot, we needed a ramp to bump up a few feet out of an eroded old skid road. This wedged shape rock was in the middle of the trail on the high side. Still a bit of work but for what it was it went pretty easy.

IMGP0087.JPG

IMGP0096.JPG

Bleeder

Awesome day yesterday and an even more awesome trail. Do yourself a favor and check this out after a Ringwood ride.

Top Bottom