What have you done to your bike today?

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Road bike maintenance

Cleats were pretty played,
couldn't really engage the left one- replaced them.
View attachment 38666
View attachment 38665

Stripped down the bike, washed it, and cleaned up the drivetrain.
Pretty sure I found the culprit for the intermittent squeak.
One of the chainring bolts was rusted and pretty corroded on the collar piece.
A little degreaser and steel wool took care of that.
View attachment 38667
View attachment 38668
Put it back together with some fresh rubbers,
and it's ready for Sunday.
View attachment 38669
That's quite the cleaning! Looking good. I sprayed mine down with Simple Green then hosed it off last night, lol.

EJphotos

Finally put the new shorter stem I've had laying around on the MTB, 75mm Specialized:

20160808_180423.jpg

Then the hybrid got the stock Cdale stem and handlebars from the MTB, and new grips:

20160808_190234.jpg

20160808_190300.jpg

Next on the list for the hybrid is a rigid fork...already have a carbon fiber one set up to get, just gotta figure out the logistics of it. Then I'd like to paint the frame black and give it some red lettering. Has anyone used aircraft remover to strip off the old paint on their frames?

Kaleidopete

I used my new Park Tool Cyclone Chain Scrubber
along with the Simple Green Bike Cleaner/Degreaser.
I love this thing, You wanna see the muddy sandy crap that

came out of the chain & gears, unbelievable. Used as directed.
Dried off and re lubed the works. I know I coulda used the toothbrush
and plastic catch container, but this is just too easy and not messy.

6c1b13b9-aac5-4fe3-a85c-0b681669d0e9.jpg

jumpa

Put the 40s on. Cause sometimes it's nice to be extra slow but super plush on rides around town.

Also, if anyone wants to buy it to help me find another Mtb that would be nice #crossiscomming

20160823_145650.jpg

Also does anyone want to trade this post for something if equal value but a straight post?

20160823_154732.jpg

Last edited:

extremedave

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Put the 40s on. Cause sometimes it's nice to be extra slow but super plush on rides around town.

Also, if anyone wants to buy it to help me find another Mtb that would be nice #crossiscomming

View attachment 39736

Also does anyone want to trade this post for something if equal value but a straight post?

View attachment 39737
Are you gonna put up an ad or just bury it here cause you really don't want to sell it?

jumpa

Are you gonna put up an ad or just bury it here cause you really don't want to sell it?

I have it for sale on FB. If it sells that would be awesome cause I wanna build up another bike, if it doesnt sell that's cool to . I guess I haven't made a FS post here cause lazy..

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
I have it for sale on FB. If it sells that would be awesome cause I wanna build up another bike, if it doesnt sell that's cool to . I guess I haven't made a FS post here cause lazy..
I'll give you my SC for it! Lol

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
put this enormo basket on hypnotoad, its pretty fuckin great.

View attachment 39751 View attachment 39752
old bag for reference

can fit like tree bodies in thea!

Wow, that basket brings back memories. As a kid back in Brooklyn, I worked as a delivery boy for a local drug store. Dodging cars in the snow on a 50lb bike with a case of Pampers in the basket so big that you couldn't see over the top was hysterical. You got Door'd once a week but because of the weight of the bike, the upright riding position and the massive cardboard box up front you almost always came away w/out a scratch. Couldn't say the same thing for the car door doe. :)

Top Bottom