New Ride/Old Man

Kaleidopete

Geritol07.jpg

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
It seems like most of the mountain bikers out there are 50 something these days. I don't know if it is b/c people love it so much they stay with it into their 50's or if it takes people 50 years to realize that they need to ride mountain bikes. Either way, Welcome and have fun! .... maybe see you out there on northern NJ trails.

Shaggz

A strong 7
Howdy. Nice ride! Was at Sussex Bike today, eyeing the Stache 7 Purple Lotus. I'm 46 and will stick with this for the time being. I'm in Sparta, so let me knowing you want to head out for a ride.

IMG_0640.jpg

Last edited:

Ack

Thanks for the Welcome and advice. It's been awhile since I was on a bike and I thought I was absolutely crazy buying this bike! I'm loving being outdoors riding it but I want to do more with it than just the flat trails. I take back the 53 comment although a Geritol ride sounds good!
Hey CChani, I usually ride Kittatinny or Stephens during the week. I would be happy to show you around these areas. I would say I'm between a beginner and intermediate rider at age 56. Probably slightly more towards intermediate.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
It seems like most of the mountain bikers out there are 50 something these days. I don't know if it is b/c people love it so much they stay with it into their 50's or if it takes people 50 years to realize that they need to ride mountain bikes. Either way, Welcome and have fun! .... maybe see you out there on northern NJ trails.

Parents let them go outside? Should be a huge influx over the next 30 years :D

Wait. I came back at 47:) #babyboomer

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
Parents let them go outside? Should be a huge influx over the next 30 years :D

Wait. I came back at 47:) #babyboomer
Yes, getting kids outside and off their phone is a growling problem. I am actually working on a video on this subject. I also feel lucky to be 58 because I can ride my mountain bike.

Reggie

Formerly ReggieHammond
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Welcome. Live locally as well and would be happy to show you around any of the local parks. Very casual ride to get your feet wet....so to speak. I would suggest KSVP as it has great flow and a few rocks and/or climbs to test the waters a bit.

As another had stated earlier, we live in a great area for riding....so many options within a very short drive.

Ack

I live in Sussex county Newton. I'm near KVSP and Allamuchy but was concerned they are considered intermediate to advanced. I was planning on going to the Wed. rides at Morris Lewis and Tourne. Any other suggestions around me?
I am 56 but only riding for about 2 years. I also live near Kit and Stephens and ride them at least once a week. The Tourne is much rockier than Kit. There are some pretty easy trails at both Kit and Stephens. Let me know if you want a guided tour of these parks.

DickC

I'm 75 as of October 11 and celebrated with a new Pivot Mach 29 SL. I don't have the snap of my youth when I was in my 50's but I just can't seem to settle into a rocking chair. My riding areas are Waywayanda, Ringwood, Jungle and I venture to the Tourne. Thinking of CR for a change of pace. Had a knee replacement, etc and found I can still ride and do the rock gardens. Maybe there is no age limit. Looking forward to some of the club rides. Hmm I better dig up an avatar.

qclabrat

I'm 75 as of October 11 and celebrated with a new Pivot Mach 29 SL. I don't have the snap of my youth when I was in my 50's but I just can't seem to settle into a rocking chair. My riding areas are Waywayanda, Ringwood, Jungle and I venture to the Tourne. Thinking of CR for a change of pace. Had a knee replacement, etc and found I can still ride and do the rock gardens. Maybe there is no age limit. Looking forward to some of the club rides. Hmm I better dig up an avatar.
Hi DickC, start a new thread, 75 wow that's like my mom's age, impressed :thumbsup:

chrisalecia

Welcome! You're riding areas are my riding areas. Maybe I'll see you on the trail. I have a blue Pivot Mach 429. Yes, an avatar can be tricky. My avatar is pretty sad but it made my daughter laugh when I sent the picture to her!

Top Bottom