Blauvelt State Park, Rockland County

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Just got back from there, wish I had seen this post- I missed swamp thing!

jmanic

Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
@jmanic what did you think??
I like. Real good use of the land, fun flow, and a nice mix of elevation- it's not as lopsided as you might expect heading north. It will be pretty sweet when it's ridden in, and I was working from a old map, so I didn't even try swamp thing yet.

MuniMan

I've been up there now a bunch of times for quick evening rides. Its been growing on me.

It'll be nice when the section above Swamp towards the wall is completed.

jmanic

Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Just wanted to post this up here- there are currently lots of impromptu work sessions going on tuning up these trails. Hopefully we'll have some regular dates to post up soon.
In the meantime, if you are local and want to be involved, pm me your name and cell#, and I'll get you on the text notification list.

@MuniMan

MuniMan

Palisades MTB has put a lot of work into the trails this summer. The trails are really coming along. The reroutes and fixes put in at the 'junction' make it a lot easier to follow the trails if you are not familiar with the herd paths that run all over the place. And maybe small, but one of the very cool things is that there are now dual Bike/Hiking signs posted on some sections of the bike trails where the Long Path and bike trail systems overlap for logical reasons.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/PalisadesMTB/

Top Bottom